Question for CurrentUSA Orbit Owners

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's the old Current Orbit fixture, I use it over a 10" deep tank and it's barely good enough to keep coral alive.

The new Pro versions use 3 watt leds and are much, MUCH better for use over deeper tanks and for use with corals.

OP
OP
HumuhumuFan

HumuhumuFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's the old Current Orbit fixture, I use it over a 10" deep tank and it's barely good enough to keep coral alive.

The new Pro versions use 3 watt leds and are much, MUCH better for use over deeper tanks and for use with corals.
Thanks. It is the v2 Orbit that came out in 2018 and has red and green LEDs, rather than just blue and white, and the Loop controller. I had it mounted on the legs over my 20g long tank and I think I may have bleached my war coral out with too much light.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It needs to be the 'Pro" model.

How many leds does it have and how many watts does it run? Those numbers should both be in the specs.

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine (Orbit Pro) in combination with 4 T5 lights. I have it on the legs. My tank is 21" deep. I use it to ramp up and down from my T5's. And for viewing my corals. At full power I have mine set to Red 0, Green 0, Blue 70, and White at 40%. Never had a problem with bleaching.What percentage do you have the lights at?

Act1n1c_L1fe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to run my orbit marine at 100% on both channels over a 18 in tall tank using legs. Was enough to keep lps up top

Act1n1c_L1fe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bleaching was probably from light shock or water quality, not the power from the fixture...

cjp847

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 of the 4102 models on my 40 gallon breeder hanging on the brackets about 8 inches above the water line. My corals r responding well. They are a pain to program (unless it's just me) I'm on the fence about them. What is everyone setting them at (percentage wise, RGBW colors)

cjp847

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 of the 4102 models on my 40 gallon breeder. They are hanging about 8 inches above the water line. My corals seem to be responding well. They are a pain to program (unless it's just me ). What percentage settings is everyone using (RGBW color ) I'm on the fence about them, debating on getting rid of the and buying something else

ckalupa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have the OrbitPro 36” (2 light bars bars) with the Loop and audio (waste) - I found it to be underwhelming even for keeping softies in a 65 gallon AIO. Their interface is somewhat temperamental at times, too. I just tossed them on my QT tank and put something else on the 65.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I no longer use Orbit Marine lights (although I liked them), but when I did, I purchased brackets to hang them above the tank.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 of the 4102 models on my 40 gallon breeder. They are hanging about 8 inches above the water line. My corals seem to be responding well. They are a pain to program (unless it's just me ). What percentage settings is everyone using (RGBW color ) I'm on the fence about them, debating on getting rid of the and buying something else
@cjp847 you are correct -- they are a pain to program.

OP
OP
HumuhumuFan

HumuhumuFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually found it pretty easy to program after I played around with it for a while. Currently I have my daylight set at 50 blue, 40 white, 5 red and 5 green.

cjp847

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just returned one of them for a refund. I'm stuck with the other one and the brackets . They are somewhat of a nice beginning light. (I believe

DanInMichigan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IC Loop Pro on my cadlights 6 foot, 24 inch deep tank. It's actually two very long strips that are run in parallel.
The strips are as long as the aquarium making the feet useless. they hang over slightly. Since i have eurbracing, I can't use the brackets.
I have the strips sitting directly on the eurobracing. functions great that way.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back