Question for the Red Sea Max E260 owners (internal cabinet length)

McGrizzly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

I am finally taking the plunge and purchased my first aquarium (Red Sea Max E260). While I am waiting for it to ship, I cannot seem to find the internal cabinet dimensions for the lower cabinet. I am looking to upgrade the sump with a Synergy RM-34, which is 34" long and I want to know if it will fit before making the purchase.

Product description says exterior dimensions of the E260 is 36", could someone help me out and provide the internal cabinet length for me please?

Thanks!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The panels are typically around 0.5", so take 1-1.5" off the cabinet width and depth (this will give you a bit of "wiggle room" as well). Do you plan to leave any space for electronics, accessories, etc.?

OP
OP
McGrizzly

McGrizzly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The panels are typically around 0.5", so take 1-1.5" off the cabinet width and depth (this will give you a bit of "wiggle room" as well). Do you plan to leave any space for electronics, accessories, etc.?
That was my assumption as well, but I wanted to be double-sure before making the $600 purchase with Synergy. The width and height of the sump is 15", so there will be a lot of overhead for mounting controllers and such. Planning on having my top-off tank beside the cabinet.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my assumption as well, but I wanted to be double-sure before making the $600 purchase with Synergy. The width and height of the sump is 15", so there will be a lot of overhead for mounting controllers and such. Planning on having my top-off tank beside the cabinet.
What's the depth? Red Sea has their own add-on sump kit which I believe is larger than the Synergy.

OP
OP
McGrizzly

McGrizzly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the depth? Red Sea has their own add-on sump kit which I believe is larger than the Synergy.
Depth is also 15" which I believe is the same depth as the Red Sea sump (which I cannot find in stock anywhere, thus why I am going the Synergy route). So I am not too worried about that.

My end goal is to run a Reefmat in tandem with red sea DC skimmer:

I actually got the idea from a 2022 post in which you replied too - how serendipitous :D

OP
OP
McGrizzly

McGrizzly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I started to worry was because I saw a post from a user with a E-260, but they were running a Synergy TS-26 (26") with the top-off tank (6") right next to it. Giving a total of 32" - it looks like a tight fit, but also the lighting is really bad so there might actually be an extra inch on each side.
IMG_8315.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should fit if it's only 15" deep. As the sump is only 34" you have at least 2" to play with, so you'll be fine on length as well as depth.

If you're looking to upgrade your RO top off I recommend the IM Hydrofill 15-gallon reservoir. This is what I use on my Red Sea 750 (I get about a week of RO topup) and my friend with his Red Sea Max S-400 (he gets between 2-3 weeks RO topup).

The new Red Sea ATO is also supposedly really good.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I started to worry was because I saw a post from a user with a E-260, but they were running a Synergy TS-26 (26") with the top-off tank (6") right next to it. Giving a total of 32" - it looks like a tight fit, but also the lighting is really bad so there might actually be an extra inch on each side.
More than likely there's an inch or so on each side, yeah.

OP
OP
McGrizzly

McGrizzly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should fit if it's only 15" deep. As the sump is only 34" you have at least 2" to play with, so you'll be fine on length as well as depth.

If you're looking to upgrade your RO top off I recommend the IM Hydrofill 15-gallon reservoir. This is what I use on my Red Sea 750 (I get about a week of RO topup) and my friend with his Red Sea Max S-400 (he gets between 2-3 weeks RO topup).
Awesome, I really appreciate the help. I'll check out that IM Hydofill, I definitely think having a larger ATO is the way to go.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, I really appreciate the help. I'll check out that IM Hydofill, I definitely think having a larger ATO is the way to go.
It's not cheap, but the quality is first-rate and it has a lot of neat features, ie: the drawer pulls out and has a lip for resting/pouring water jugs into the reservoir, there's a slot in the back for ATO pump/cables, etc.

OP
OP
McGrizzly

McGrizzly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update for anyone that stumbles across this thread and wanted to know the outcome.

The RM-34 fit underneath the E-260 cabinet, but it was a tight fit:

1690950056858.png

thoiboi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update for anyone that stumbles across this thread and wanted to know the outcome.

The RM-34 fit underneath the E-260 cabinet, but it was a tight fit:

1690950056858.png
Nice placement of the Unifi G3 Instant. Do you just use it to monitor skimmer cup levels or something else?

OP
OP
McGrizzly

McGrizzly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice placement of the Unifi G3 Instant. Do you just use it to monitor skimmer cup levels or something else?
Good eye! I placed that there to monitor my skimmer cup during the cycle. It took my RedSea skimmer about a month to settle down.

Another update for anyone looking for this specific setup - it's been working beautifully.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back