Question- heater for nano tank help

TJ Merrells

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2018
Messages
130
Reaction score
75
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a Fluval spec v atm.
Live in Canada going thru a bit of a cold snap. -40 C here but house stays around 21-23 C.

I have a marina 25 watt heater in the tank but it's struggling to keep the tank at 75.... Never shuts off.

Thinking about upgrading to the 50 watt??

Do you think this would be adequate?
Needs to be small enough to fit in the tanks tiny return chamber

Thx and happy new year
 
You could use two Marina 25w to get the same effect. Two heaters are great because if one fails, the other one keeps the tank from cooling off too much.
 
You could use two Marina 25w to get the same effect. Two heaters are great because if one fails, the other one keeps the tank from cooling off too much.


Yes I hear you . What I'm asking is to make sure 50 watts would easily be adequate? And I understand the positives of 2 heaters however I would like it to be kept hidden in the return chamber which is very small on those particular tanks
 
Yes I hear you . What I'm asking is to make sure 50 watts would easily be adequate? And I understand the positives of 2 heaters however I would like it to be kept hidden in the return chamber which is very small on those particular tanks
Oh ok. How many gallons is your tank?
 
I would have thought that too. How cold is the room?
23 degrees C but it is close to some older cold windows and we are in a cold snap atm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new