Question on Clove Coral

iloveswfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
344
Reaction score
13
Location
connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this coral and it will not open up. It was real nice when i bought it but now it has not open.

My Parameters

Salinity -1.024
PH - 8.3
Amonia- 0
Calcium-400
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
KH-9
Phos-0
 
give it a little bit of time, some corals will take a day or more to open up. How much light does it get in the tank? Also pics are very helpful
 
image.jpg
image.jpg
Here are the picture of the corals
 
I would want to ask what lighting you have?
Also you have 0 po4 and 0 no3
These guys are like GSP's and like a little nutrients in the water
Bring your no3 up a tad :-)
 
I would want to ask what lighting you have?
Also you have 0 po4 and 0 no3
These guys are like GSP's and like a little nutrients in the water
Bring your no3 up a tad :)

I have LEDs well GSP don't do well in my tank, so I am guessing this won't open either... And how do you bring up the n03
 
Yup if you can't keep GSP's then the cloves will not also succeed
There has to be a balance of no3 and po4 in your tank to make them happy.
You can dose no3. That will raise it and then feed your fish a little more to get around .014 to .018 po4.
Don't get crazy with it as you might get algae growing.
 
Okay is there a certain brand that is good I unplugged my uv light a while ago cause someone told me my tank is too clean for those type of corals
 
Spectracide stump remover is what I have found to work the best :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new