Question on Coral Shipment

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a general question about online coral shipping. I have a fedex delivery today before 5pm. Which is when i will be home.

My wife will be home and i was going to ask her to just float the bags in the sump until i got home. Will they be fine to float for most of the day? as she will not be able to do the full acclimation process she is busy looking after our 6 month old baby *** so pretty busy *** haha

If nobody is home and the package sits on my doorstep for 1-4 hours in 7 degrees celcius would it be ok ?

I know nothing is guaranteed but i guess i am just over worried I havent added new corals in awhile and these two were not cheap haha

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have a general question about online coral shipping. I have a fedex delivery today before 5pm. Which is when i will be home.

My wife will be home and i was going to ask her to just float the bags in the sump until i got home. Will they be fine to float for most of the day? as she will not be able to do the full acclimation process she is busy looking after our 6 month old baby *** so pretty busy *** haha

If nobody is home and the package sits on my doorstep for 1-4 hours in 7 degrees celcius would it be ok ?

I know nothing is guaranteed but i guess i am just over worried I havent added new corals in awhile and these two were not cheap haha
Don’t let them sit outside. Have her float them in bag in sump.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife works from home so whenever I get coral shipments I just ask her to bring the box into the house. It may sit for 5+ hours waiting for me to get home but it’s out of the elements and everything is always ok so far

OP
OP
czoolander

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife works from home so whenever I get coral shipments I just ask her to bring the box into the house. It may sit for 5+ hours waiting for me to get home but it’s out of the elements and everything is always ok so far
That is the plan and she should be home most of the day but there might be a 2-3 hour window when nobody will be home . Not ideal but i dont have much choice in anything else

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back