Question on interceptor for red bugs

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some frags in the qt tank and realized I now have red bugs. I know I need interceptor & a friend has interceptor plus, so it also has praziquantel in it, anyone know if that's reef safe or do I need just regular interceptor? Thanks

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is fine. It has been used for a long time with the Prazi.

Praziquantel is the main ingredient in PraziPro if you want to read about treatments and stuff using that... it will not help you with the red bugs, but it might make you feel better if you are worried about it.

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is fine. It has been used for a long time with the Prazi.

Praziquantel is the main ingredient in PraziPro if you want to read about treatments and stuff using that... it will not help you with the red bugs, but it might make you feel better if you are worried about it.
Thanks for the response @jda I keep seeing interceptor is the cure for red bugs. What would you recommend if that's not gonna get it done is there a permanent cure?

eraser2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi
There are other products that has the same medication from interceptor and works against red bug, check it out
Dr. G's Coral Dip (Kills Acropora Eating Bugs, Red Bugs, Flat Worms and most Coral Parasites)

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you recommend follow up treatments?
i have seen 1 & done & i have seen do three 24hr treatments 7 days apart to break the life cycle. i will be doing the latter better safe than sorry & my friend has the large dog size pills so 1 pill is plenty to do my 40b qt tank several times.

Lapras

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
There are other products that has the same medication from interceptor and works against red bug, check it out
Dr. G's Coral Dip (Kills Acropora Eating Bugs, Red Bugs, Flat Worms and most Coral Parasites)

This. Dr Gs. will kill them. make sure to remove as many inverts as you can. i believe there are posts on the actual dosage.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back