Question on my levels

iloveswfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
344
Reaction score
13
Location
connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed tanks a week ago and today i tested my water again and this is what i got. I have been using Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

My levels:

Salinity - 1.029

PH - 8.0
NITRITE - 0
NITRATE -0
AMMONIA - 0.50
PHOSPHATE - 0.25
KH - 15
CALCIUM - I used 2 test kits...API- 30 DROPS and the SALIFET --- IT SAYS 100

I know something is wrong i dont know what to do... i ordered a red sea calcium will be here next week

can someone let me know what to do....i am going to do a water change...hopefully that helps i am going to use IO-Reef crystals
 
Do you have live animals in this tank? You need to lower you specific gravity to 1.026 at the most. Why are you testing calcium and alkalinity, do you have corals? I'd tell you to do water changes to bring your ammonia down, but don't know if you have animals or not?
 
Salinity definitely needs to be lowered. Do 1 gallon water change with ro water and see what it's at. You should not have any ammonia at all if your tank is cycled. However I do know that you just changed tanks so it might be going through a mini cycle.
 
The first step I would do is to take out some tank water and replace it with fresh ro/di slowly until salinity drops to 1.026.
 
i do have fish and coral i also have a some stuff to inc the PH and i have some liquid to reduce the ammonia
 
Please start with your salinity :) if you need any help call me :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new