Question on new lights

eric31887

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am buying new light for my 90 gal and was just wondering if I should buy a 6 bulb t5 fixture for we get the same results out of 3 of the tru lumen led pro strips

OP
OP
E

eric31887

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the 6 bulb t5 fixture? Do the LEDs have as much performance? Or what about a combination of both? I would like to grow some sps but I don't really want to deal with the halides

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill agree with gmoney here. I have had some of every type of light available. To date the led's are tops in regards as color, growth, energy and overall looks. I loved my vho lights on my 75. Then got the mh and t-5 n my 180. Went led over Christmas and love them. Its well worth looking into especially with the number of DIY threads out there.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea quite a few ppl in the club have been using LEDs for good while and all I know of like em and get just as good growth and color. So far I personally love my leds and get more than enough par for sps and. Can tell my growth is better then when I had t5

OP
OP
E

eric31887

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just ordered the current nova extreme pro 6 bulb but what about combination how could I go about that and how complicated are the DIY kits?

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kits usually can be done with some basic tools like hack saw or jigsaw and a solder iron and decent power drill. And basic carpentry skills. Basically if u can measure and cut fairly straight u can do it. The alluminum we use is easy to cut its tedious and takes a while if your doing a whole setup but if u just added a few for extra par and shimmer biggest problem is going to be working them around your t5

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 168 73.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.2%
Back