Question on Pinpoint Monitors

tjb1993

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2017
Messages
29
Reaction score
15
Location
Roxbury Crossing, MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all;

I saw on LiveAquaria while watching the Bruins home opener here in beantown that they are now selling equipment directly. I stumbled across the pinpoint monitors, pH, salinity, Ca+, etc.

I am wondering if there is an all-in-one product that can detect whatever parameter you select it to test. Does this wondertoy exist?



--
35 gal Zoanthid tank; Yellowhead sleeper gobies, Melanurus, Pajama cardinal
Parameters up to par. Tank running for 4 months
 
Hello all;

I saw on LiveAquaria while watching the Bruins home opener here in beantown that they are now selling equipment directly. I stumbled across the pinpoint monitors, pH, salinity, Ca+, etc.

I am wondering if there is an all-in-one product that can detect whatever parameter you select it to test. Does this wondertoy exist?



--
35 gal Zoanthid tank; Yellowhead sleeper gobies, Melanurus, Pajama cardinal
Parameters up to par. Tank running for 4 months
Closest thing I know of is the Exact iDip Test Kit, but I'd double check their reviews before buying it. I think it looks like a promising bit of tech, but I'm not sure it's reliable enough for my liking just yet.
 
Neptune apex can monitor salinity, ph, temp, and done bunch of other things also. As Bannister stated the idip text kit can do what you're explaining but for the cost of test and unsure of the accuracy is what I'd be worried about
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new