Question regarding TUNZE 9001 hi

Muraad

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2022
Messages
86
Reaction score
41
Location
Mississauga, ON
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to get a skimmer for my AIO because I like to feed pretty heavily. I got the DC version with a controller but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. When I turn it on, how much should the air control be? Do I want the bubbles to reach all the way to the top or does it gradually do that by itself?


It's been a week and it's skimming wet except it's very light brown. I attached a picture and a video for reference.

*not sure why there's a "hi" in the title lol.
IMG-20230221-WA0004.jpg
 

Attachments

  • VID-20230221-WA0003.mp4
    1.4 MB
What you have looks very good. As the skimmer works some foam will bubble up and fill the cup. If what is collected looks too light then turn down the pump if it is too dark then turn up the pump. A good starting point is for the bubble to break right where the skimmer neck starts to narrow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new