Question urgent of parameters

agv180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I have a problem with the parameters, and the Salifert test are all numbers and reading this was so:

MG: 1125
ALK: 5.4
CA: 335

According to that I have to add:

MG: GR 2137, magnesium advantage, for uploading to 1350
ALK: 190 GR, builder to raise it to 8.3
CA: 220 GR, advantage calcium to raise it 450

What is your recommendation to add these values, in what order should be and what would be the amount of each?

I must add the entire amount of the MG and then how long the CA and then the ALK? which would be the time interval between each?

Thank you.

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank?
Might be better just to do a big water change or two.
I would add the max recommend amount of each supplement per day until you get back to normal levels.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes your levels are low but you want to bring them up slowly. I would do a water change with a good salt mix that is where i would start. Raising alkalinty and calcium must be done slowly. You should get on Bulk Reef Supply.com and get on the reef calculater and it will tell you how much to add to get to your desired level. Once you figure this out then you need to divide the dosage over several days.

OP
OP
A

agv180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The complete system has 200 gal, I have no salt at this moment I can only add ons.

The aquarium has 2 months of operation, the parameters measured today and I got such measures.

the pH of the aquarium was 7.85 I should do? which is the best recommendation, taking intoaccount I can not change it water?

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot dump in a bunch of additives all at once to get these levels up. If you have calcium, alkalinty and magnesium additives it will tell you on the product what the max. is that you can add at one time. You want to spread that out and not add all of them together. Go slow.

OP
OP
A

agv180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah right, I'll do one at a time, I think I start with ca and mg after last alk but my aquarium ph is too low I can do first before you start with the additives.

OP
OP
A

agv180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right now I have a calcium reactor on, so I should shut the reactor or continuous?

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a calcium reactor something is wrong with it. To get to those levels in two months with the reactor running it needs to be dialed in better. I'm sure someone on here can help with that Ive never run one. Prefer a doser myself.

OP
OP
A

agv180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
- Thanks, make the change to reef crystal.

- Reefing Madness, thanks for the comment, I have a question, on a page look the order should be MG, CA and ALK. because the first two are carbonates and does not precipitate with alk. until the moment I've added 500 g of magnesium sulfate would fail me 1500gr, according to me say I must suspend mg dose and start with calcium, magnesium and then resume? there would be no problem? I add all the magnesium dose immediately and then the next day or the hour of calcium, the builder should be slowly not to raise the ph?

- The reactor install 2 days ago, the internal pH of the reactor is 6.64 and has a 25 ml effluent. ARM has aragonite Extra course. I'm thinking of putting a second stage and the ph up a bit effluent.

estapa have a ready to install with fine aragonite ARM

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The complete system has 200 gal, I have no salt at this moment I can only add ons.

The aquarium has 2 months of operation, the parameters measured today and I got such measures.

the pH of the aquarium was 7.85 I should do? which is the best recommendation, taking intoaccount I can not change it water?

I wouldn't worry too much about the ph. Once you get your numbers up to where they need to be, the tank should be fine. My tank runs between 7.8-8.0 due to co2 in a closed up house. But the tank is thriving so I leave it alone.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I have a problem with the parameters, and the Salifert test are all numbers and reading this was so:

MG: 1125
ALK: 5.4
CA: 335

According to that I have to add:

MG: GR 2137, magnesium advantage, for uploading to 1350
ALK: 190 GR, builder to raise it to 8.3
CA: 220 GR, advantage calcium to raise it 450

What is your recommendation to add these values, in what order should be and what would be the amount of each?

I must add the entire amount of the MG and then how long the CA and then the ALK? which would be the time interval between each?

Thank you.

sounds like you have the right idea. I use the diy two part but had to do a similiar initial adjustment before the routine dosing.

my .02

OP
OP
A

agv180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you very much, I have magnesium in 1290, right now I'm dosing calcium then ends with this follow with the alkalinity. hopefully everything turns out well.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 28 16.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 69 41.1%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.0%
Back