Question

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I need to ask this question Why is it the some post get multiple replies and some none? Very similar? To questions I have asked and there are even views, but nothing? No I don't expect huge discussions but it would be nice for those who do view to post something.

I use this board for help lotd of great knowledge. But when you continue and get no comments at all it make one wonder

I recently asked about Scratched and dent Scolys, nothing, I posted a couple to my build tread, only one question replied nothing

Thank you

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who knows why people do what they do? Speaking only for myself, I don't reply if I don't have anything useful to add, or if I don't have any firsthand experience with the question asked.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @Jedi1199 I only reply if I feel I can be of some help. Had I seen a post about scolys I wouldn't have replied because I don't know anything about them.

You will often see that more basic questions that most people know the answer to will usually get a lot of answers, but harder questions not so much. For instance someone else just posted a thread asking for ID for pineapple sponges. Since many people in the hobby know what they are 3 people answered within 2 minutes because it was a fairly easy question to answer.

Then sometimes it's just the luck of it getting noticed by someone and replied to before it gets buried by new threads.

The advantage of a popular forum is that there is usually someone that can answer your question, the disadvantage is that your thread can quickly get lost among all of the "traffic".

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do agree though. But I have had a different exp. I have seen multiple build threads with little to no responses, including my own. BUT I do see quick responses when people post questions or need help threads.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back