Question!

Bluefin1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have my new tank and its been on for like two months now (maybe) all of my numbers are fine and the fish are doing good. I recently started to add coral. The leather is doing good so far. The torch I purchased yesterday along with my fire shrimp (huge shrimp) and a hammer coral. the torch isn't really out and about and is half out. The hammer is half out too. IDK if the hammer will survive TBH and the fire shrimp just dies a few hours ago. My dang Purple and Yellow tang were being annoying and kept on putting their bodies on him. Could that cause him to freak out and die? also should I do a water change even though my levels read good? I dont want to make a large purchase of coral if this is going to happen to the other ones. Been there done that and nooo thank you. Should I dose? I know I have a few Questions in one thing but I was hoping for some answers.

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’ll find that most people agree two months is still too soon for corals.

You should probably share your water chemistry values so that people can see if anything stands out (even if everyone doesn’t agree on precise numbers, there are acceptable ranges).

Also, other build details may be helpful as well:
  • Type of rock and sand (live or not)
  • Type of water used (RODI or treated tap)
  • Type of lights
  • Even the type of salt and
  • The brand test kits you used to measure your water chemistry
Cheers!

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you acclimatise the shrimp?

I doubt the Tangs caused the death, the shrimp would jump have moved away if it was healthy.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back