questions about coral dipping

TuckerMCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I've just begun to dip and quarantine my corals after an Aiptasia outbreak in my Dt, so I've got a few questions. Do you only need to dip one time, then quarantine them, or dip at the beginning and the end of quarantine? Also, what do I need to be watching for during quarantine? I bought Seachem's "Reef Dip" from my las and have been using that (does anybody have experience with it?). I know these are pretty beginner questions, but I do not want another outbreak of anything in my tanks!

Thanks!

T

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dip at the end and beginning of QT.

Seachem Reef dip is a disinfectant but I do not recommend it for things such as worms (I don't think it is strong enough to kill things like bristle worms as it did not for a coral I was bathing with 2x the dose).

Keep in minds that dips do not kill aiptasia. That is why I remove the frag plug if possible and scrub lps skeletons (or frag plugs). I did do hydrogen peroxide on a coral skeleton for a short while to make sure no bubble algae made it through.

Also just remember that coral QT's need to be fed some coral foods if there are no fish.

Back