Questions about Viparspectra t300 drivers

Paully0723

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
So I was setting my t300 above the aquarium noob mistake hanging the light with shotty hooks anyways it fell in the water not plugged in so I took it all apart and dried it the best I could opening the driver boxes and drying them with a blow dryer waited a few hours plugged it in and it smoked 2 of the drivers burnt I emailed Viparspectra and they have informed me that a unit that was made last year is no longer available for parts does anyone know where I can get new drivers for this thing?TIA

IMG_20231124_014756459~2.jpg Screenshot_20231124-132126-682.png

Last edited:

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than buying a used version of your current fixture, or ask if anybody has a broken fixture and you can part it out.

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
So I was setting my t300 above the aquarium noob mistake hanging the light with shotty hooks anyways it fell in the water not plugged in so I took it all apart and dried it the best I could opening the driver boxes and drying them with a blow dryer waited a few hours plugged it in and it smoked 2 of the drivers burnt I emailed Viparspectra and they have informed me that a unit that was made last year is no longer available for parts does anyone know where I can get new drivers for this thing?TIA

i would get a meanwell driver and just totally bypass the viparspectra driver, especially since their underrated ect.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back