Active MemberView Badges
- Aug 25, 2016
- Reaction score
- Littleton, MA
In a recent poll here on R2R, about 12% of folks said that they no longer do routine water changes. Personally I tried and wasn't successful. So I'm curious to learn about the practices of those who have been able to make it work.
- How long has your tank been running without water changes?
- Do you forego water changes completely or do you still change some water, just very infrequently?
- What methods of nutrient/chemical export do you employ? Skimmer, filter sock/floss, activated carbon, macroalgae refugium, microalgae scrubber, gfo, biopellets, anything else?
- Do you run your skimmer dry, wet, very wet?
- Calcium reactor or alk/Ca/Mg dosing?
- High, medium or low bioload?
- Anything else you think may be contributing to your success?