Questions on how to control a Syncra SDC pump in Apex Fusion properly

omniphil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Syncra SDC pump successfully linked with Apex Fusion, I also have a floor flood sensor, a 4 inch liquid level monitor (In the tank) and a optical sensor (In my PF-800 HOB)

With the Syncra pump I have 2 spots to control things in Fusion, there's the control via the Outlet itself and control via the Syncra pump slider that it adds. I am unsue of where I should be putting my code? At the Outlet level or the Syncra level? I'm including a picture for reference....

SUMPPUMP is the regular outlet control for the Syncra
SYNCRAPUMP is the control that get added when you connect the pump

Currently I have this in the SYNCRAPUMP section and nothing in the SUMPPUMP section

(First 2 lines were default)
Fallback ON
tdata 00:00:00,0,0,80,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
If TNKLVL > 3.4 Then OFF
If HOBLVL CLOSED Then OFF
If Flood1 CLOSED Then OFF

I ran a test by going in and setting the 3.4 in the above to 3.0 and saved it to force test a failure condition.
I assumed that the pump should just shut off as the level is above 3.0, but what happened was the pump shut off and then powered right up again and continued to cycle on and off every 3 seconds or so....

This doesn't seem right so I wonder if I should put the If Then statements in the SUMPPUMP section, but with the Syncra pump it doesnt seem like I can put any programming in the Outlet section....

Side note, while testing the Optical sensor in my PF-800 it reacts so slowly that the HOB would overflow before even triggering, is that normal? (I have it positioned very low down near the water line in the HOB to giver it the most time to react... I assumed this stuff would trigger mostly instantly but maybe that isnt the case?

1689507075541.png

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click on the configuration for Syncrapump, then the gear icon in the upper right corner on the next screen. Then choose the Advanced tab and enter your programming in there. Here's what I have in mine to give you a few ideas.

If LEAK CLOSED Then OFF
If FeedA 000 Then 25
If FeedB 000 Then 10
If FeedC 000 Then 5
If FeedD 000 Then OFF
If Output vAFS-L = ON Then 25
If Output vAFS-R = ON Then 25

Where vAFS-L/R are virtual outlets that control my two autofeeders, so I ramp the pump speed down when those activate as well as the other 4 feed modes.

You can try adding a defer statement to your pump as well, ie:

Defer 000:30 Then ON

There's definitely a delay with the optical sensors. I'm not entirely sure how long or why, but it is there. Your best bet is a liquid level sensor which seems to get triggered immediately.

OP
OP
omniphil

omniphil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I moved to a liquid level sensor for the HOB PF-800....

Here's the new code with the defer statement...

Fallback ON
If HOBLVL > 1.0 Then OFF
If TNKLVL > 3.4 Then OFF

So how is this going to work? If either the tank level or HOB level gets too high the pump will turn off for 30 seconds and then come right back on again? (Because of Fallback ON?)

I'm thinking that if there's a clog or something and the tank or HOB level gets too high I'd want to pump to shut off and stay off, at least that's my thinking for flood prevention...

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I moved to a liquid level sensor for the HOB PF-800....
Here's the new code with the defer statement...

Fallback ON
If HOBLVL > 1.0 Then OFF
If TNKLVL > 3.4 Then OFF

So how is this going to work? If either the tank level or HOB level gets too high the pump will turn off for 30 seconds and then come right back on again? (Because of Fallback ON?)

I'm thinking that if there's a clog or something and the tank or HOB level gets too high I'd want to pump to shut off and stay off, at least that's my thinking for flood prevention...
If the HOBLVL, TNKLVL or Flood1 gets triggered - the pump stays off until the state changes. Then there's a 30-second delay before the pump starts up again (once the state changes). Fallback ON basically sets the pump to be always on after a power outage (etc.) - again, unless one of the other lines trigger it. Definitely test. Hope that helps!

OP
OP
omniphil

omniphil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did some testing tonight with pulling the u-tube out of the PF-800 to see what would happen...
As expected the tank level started to rise and once it got high enough on the level sensor the pump shuts off.
The tank now starts draining into the sump and as soon as the level sensor is below the mark the pump kicks right back on again. So I'm not sure this Defer statement is working. As the pump is cycling on and off every 10 seconds or so...

I was reading in the reference manual that the location of the Defer statement shouldn't matter, but something is missing here?

Fallback ON
If HOBLVL > 0.6 Then OFF
If TNKLVL > 3.4 Then OFF
If SMPLVL OPEN Then OFF
If FeedA 000 Then 30

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back