Questions on Water Quality and Fish

Amandarian

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I started a 60 gallon saltwater tank about two months ago. I would like to eventually get corals and such. There's currently one black and white clownfish, some hermit crabs, nassiurus snails, and one peppermint shrimp. I'm having trouble with aiptasia and I am wondering what type of fish or invertebrate I could get to get rid of it. I also would advice on my tank parameters and getting rid of phosphates.Also wouldn't mind suggestions on fish to add next the clownfish I have is pretty shy.
My Levels are as follows:
Ph-8.0
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite-0
Nirate- 0
KH- 15.3 Dkh
Alkalinity- 5.48 meq/L
Phosphates- .5
Calcium-500 ppm
Magnesium- over 1500
Out of RO/DI system ammonia is .25 and Phosphates .5
 
Welcome to R2R! These folks specialize in riding tanks of aiptasia: http://saltyunderground.com/index.php
The "Berghia Nudibranchs" work pretty well on large outbreaks of aiptaisa. It does take awhile for them to work the entire tank. Cheers!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new