Quick help on the booster pump

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a different term for flushing the membrane via bypass of the flow restrictor, and flushing to reduce TDS creep? I just don't want us to conflate the two.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a different term for flushing the membrane via bypass of the flow restrictor, and flushing to reduce TDS creep? I just don't want us to conflate the two.
I don't know if I exactly follow your question. In my system the flow restrictor is in the waste output of my last membrane which then goes to flush valve then to waste bin and/drain. I open the flush valve then watch my TDS meter until it reaches about 5 TDS then shut the flush valve.

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you timed how long your RO buddy flushes for. Mine is less than a minute, which is not long enough. I wish it was 5 minutes.
I turn the unit on and the turn on the water, nothing comes out for about 10-15 seconds, so I assumed it was the flushing. Mine is the newest model.

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really depends. My house has low pressure, I was at like 30 before I got the pump, now I am at 80.
Perhaps my house already has about 75 psi by measuring it out front so that’s why I don’t see much improvement. However, if I remember correctly, this booster pump was able to boost up to 100 psi so that why I bought it.

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if I exactly follow your question. In my system the flow restrictor is in the waste output of my last membrane which then goes to flush valve then to waste bin and/drain. I open the flush valve then watch my TDS meter until it reaches about 5 TDS then shut the flush valve.
With the booster pump instructions, flow restrictor was removed.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Sorry, but I wouldn't accept 2 TDS as acceptable after DI resin. You've invested into RODI and a booster pump, get your moneys worth & efficiency out of your system and change resin more often.

Anytime my TDS output was anything over 1 TDS I changed dual bed resin and I was cooking through it every other month. I switched to 3 part resins (Cation, Anion & dual bed) and now I go through Anion only about every 4 months. Cation and dual bed have gone over a year. My tap water is 320, after membranes it's 4, after resin it's 0.

RODI.jpg

Great lookin' setup you got there.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, maybe I have an atypical system. I have a bypass valve that diverts water from the flow restrictor, but when I do that, I get no output from the RO membrane. As such, I have a y-valve after my membrane with one direction tapping into the waste line, and another going to the DI. I open the bypass valve for about 30 seconds, then shut it and let the TDS creep come down with all that water going to waste. Then I close that valve and open the one to DI.

Hope that makes sense haha

Not a big deal, really, since my system works perfectly for me. Just wondering if this isn't a typical setup.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dual TDS meter and I manually flush everytime I make RODI water but I watch the first input probe (directly after membranes) when it gets down around 5 then I shut the flush valve. That's usually 4-5 mins.
I guess I miss understood. I thought you were saying your RO buddy flushed for 5 min. I flush manually also because the RO Buddy only flushes for 30 seconds or so.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back