RO booster buddie operation

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Booster Buddie user questions

Hi y’all, just plumbed in a booster buddie direct to kitchen sink cold water supply and have a couple questions please if operation is normal.

1) I’m very sure I routed everything properly however the pressure gauge(it’s an icecap 4 stage system)doesn’t read an increase? There’s definitely more DI water than before but the gauge is reading same pressure, @ 65 PSI, as without the booster buddie. Normal?

2) the system stays pressurized. When I close the “hose” valve outputting the filtered water(would be the same scenario as if it was on a float or solenoid)everything shuts off, pump, waste water, etc., but the whole system stays pressurized at @ 65 PSI. Is this how it should be?
The fitting I used to connect to source water has an on/off valve, if I turn it to off the system shuts off and drains itself and the pressure drops to zero.
I would like to be able to just leave it on but am concerned about all the fittings and everything being pressured 24/7.

Please share experiences, and thank you!

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a booster pump in my system, different brand, but same thing. Yeah, it's pressurized all the time. Mine's been that way for about 8 years now. No problems... although I've had to replace the pressure switch that controls the booster pump twice now. Original failed, I bought another of the same brand, and it failed. I bought a cheap one off of Amazon, different brand, but same sort of pressure switch. That was 4 years ago, it's been rock solid.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 79 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back