Quick help with dosing please.

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my ALK is dropping last few days to 9.8 i dose fritz rpm get it up to 10.6 then drops back down to 9.8 then with water change i hit 11 this is all getting tested with a red sea kit so idk how accurate it is. I'll test 2 times to make sure. How should I go about dosing to get it to a constant 11. I'm also manually dosing till i get some dosers.I'm not doing full strength neither I'm only doing about 50% so i got wiggle room. My calcium seems to be ok i can dose that every few days without issues

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want your alk so high?? Even for SPS.

I mean dosing is testing and then adjusting based on the results of the test, whether thats manually or with a doser. If you want to keep it at a constant 11, then you have to test alot.

You can figure out your alk consumption by testing at the same time everyday for 1 week, this will show your daily consumption, then you can dose according to that.

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want your alk so high?? Even for SPS.

I mean dosing is testing and then adjusting based on the results of the test, whether thats manually or with a doser. If you want to keep it at a constant 11, then you have to test alot.

You can figure out your alk consumption by testing at the same time everyday for 1 week, this will show your daily consumption, then you can dose according to that.
Because that's what my ALK goes up to after a WC. I'm using IO for salt. But i have all LPS for now and like 4 softies. Haven't had an issue with my lps being that high.

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because that's what my ALK goes up to after a WC. I'm using IO for salt. But i have all LPS for now and like 4 softies. Haven't had an issue with my lps being that high.
Your salt mixes to 11 alk? wow. Didn't know IO went that high. You really don't need it that high. Especially for sofites and LPS, most people keep their alk around 7-9. I mean your call, but my advice stays the same with testing/dosing. Test for a week and figure out your daily consumption.

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your salt mixes to 11 alk? wow. Didn't know IO went that high. You really don't need it that high. Especially for sofites and LPS, most people keep their alk around 7-9. I mean your call, but my advice stays the same with testing/dosing. Test for a week and figure out your daily consumption.
And that's exactly what I'm getting... My parameters were all very high before this i mean almost 13 ALK, phosphates .92, nitrates 56. I got them down alot my nitrates are 13 last time i checked. .52 phosphates and ALK 11

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810-220147.png
    Screenshot_20210810-220147.png
    323.6 KB · Views: 26

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another plan, test every day at the same time, say 2pm. When alk drops below target increase dose. Shoot for a target like 8.5.
Dose daily after test.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back