Quick question. Can 2 different monti caps touch?

ItouchedThebutt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2017
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
590
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It hasn't happened yet but whenever they get bigger I can see it becoming a thing. I have a red monti cap and purple monti cap. Curious if I'm going to have to keep pruning them or let them grow to eachother.
 
One will either grow over the other or they will grow around each other in a swirling pattern. Grafting together is extremely rare.

E5D4275F-E7E1-4E0A-8619-44DDFF2202C0.jpeg
 
One will either grow over the other or they will grow around each other in a swirling pattern. Grafting together is extremely rare.

E5D4275F-E7E1-4E0A-8619-44DDFF2202C0.jpeg

Looks amazing man! Well done.
 
I'd look up different montipora species. Post some pics too. I'll do my best to help.
I'll try when I get home but I have some new lenses for my phone coming in on Monday so I should have some better ones then for sure.
 
The green and orange cap should get along but the digitata and the last monti (possibly undata) might be a problem.
The orange one is actually red but camera and angle dont show to well. The red and purple are the ones that will touch indefinitely in the futer.
 
Just have to wait and see. We had cherry tree montipora and mystic start growing together and they are definitely a different species so it can happen. They started building a wall like structure. This is the only pic I have but they started to literally grow straight up one another.
20171112_145242.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new