Quoyi Parrotfish reef safe?

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2019
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
828
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering if it would be safe to add one to my reef tank? 120 gallon mixed reef with a fox face, purple and yellow tang, three clowns, a cleaner wrasse, two leopard wrasse and a blenny.
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
Would a copper band butterfly do well with my tangs?

I think the tangs will largely ignore non-tangs...... but the 2 tangs and Parrot are already 3 fish that will be getting quite large in a 120.... That’d be my issue.

But if you add, there are never any guarantees so just plan for contingencies
 
Well my purple tang is a bully. Is there anything I should try to calm down the tang?
image.jpg
 
Did the tang continue to go at it, or was it a dominance and done situation?

My Parrot went after my Gem Tang the day after I put him in (first time he started swimming the tank and not hiding) and after 2 scary snaps, he never did it again, and they eat/swim together ever since
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new