Quoyi Parrotfish reef safe?

Did the tang continue to go at it, or was it a dominance and done situation?

My Parrot went after my Gem Tang the day after I put him in (first time he started swimming the tank and not hiding) and after 2 scary snaps, he never did it again, and they eat/swim together ever since
The purple tang wouldn’t leave him alone for more that ten minutes. I put the new guy in Saturday night after lights out watched all day Sunday getting more aggressive. Monday morning I couldn’t watch anymore.
 
When u do put them back together put a mirror up on side of tank to keep the purple tang busy fighting himself for a gew days.
 
Curious if anyone’s been able to keep a quoyi for more than six months. I’ve tried twice, and both gradually lost weight and died at about 6 months. Both were enthusiastic grazers and ate pellets .... but nothing else.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new