Quoyi parrotfish

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you with Quoyi parrotfish is it normal for them rub themselves on the sand bed every now and then? I know when fish have a disease they will do this but they usually use the aquascape for that as well. I don’t see any signs of ich or anything and it’s the only fish doing it.

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine sometimes looks like he may be rubbing himself on the sand but is just getting algae off the bottom of the glass along the sand. Is yours doing it all over the tank or just along the glass? I have had mine for about 6 months. Is eating well and doing great.

OP
OP
Jrod381

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine sometimes looks like he may be rubbing himself on the sand but is just getting algae off the bottom of the glass along the sand. Is yours doing it all over the tank or just along the glass? I have had mine for about 6 months. Is eating well and doing great.

I have had mine a week, and no it’s only on the sand but he eats like a pig as well.

el aguila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had 2 of them. First one never did the second one frequently does for about a year. I keep looking for signs of parasites/disease but don’t see any.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back