Ròdi filter

Fishing in the dark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year fellow reefers I have a wee problem, a fellow reefer gave me his 6 stage aqua-safe system but I want to replace the filters before using them. My issue is the resin container does not have a replacement cartridge in it he just has the resin in the container and I do not know what the replacement cartridge looks like and I have no idea where he is. I could really use some suggestions. Even tried to find the manual but with no success.

17050831258958316850110069318178.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS sells bulk Resin that you can usually empty out the one you have and then refill it with new resin?

If yours is sealed and cannot be opened then purchase a refillable resin canister, again BRS and other retailers will have these items.

OP
OP
Fishing in the dark

Fishing in the dark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS sells bulk Resin that you can usually empty out the one you have and then refill it with new resin?

If yours is sealed and cannot be opened then purchase a refillable resin canister, again BRS and other retailers will have these items.
So I can just fill the cartridge full cause all the other filters seem to have a middle cartridge thanks for the help and I love brs

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year fellow reefers I have a wee problem, a fellow reefer gave me his 6 stage aqua-safe system but I want to replace the filters before using them. My issue is the resin container does not have a replacement cartridge in it he just has the resin in the container and I do not know what the replacement cartridge looks like and I have no idea where he is. I could really use some suggestions. Even tried to find the manual but with no success.

17050831258958316850110069318178.jpg
Depends on model ie, a Home 2, Maximus II, maybe this guy.

I don’t see a DI stage in your system?

OP
OP
Fishing in the dark

Fishing in the dark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I can just fill the cartridge full cause all the other filters seem to have a middle cartridge thanks for the help and I love brs

I have never seen resin laying down either. Maybe I'm wrong but I think it should be standing up.
new to reefing and this is my first filter been buying my water so any help would be great so I will look stuff up and see how to fix this

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new to reefing and this is my first filter been buying my water so any help would be great so I will look stuff up and see how to fix this
I’d replace that middle horizontal canister with a new standard 10” housing and a refillable insert and it will be last stage and will be your DI media.

You’ll need to open the bottom horizontal canister and pull what should be the “membrane” to see if it’s labeled in some way ie, is it 50gph,75gph or 100gph.

The top one looks mainly Duplicative, so your choice.

The three on the bottom, likely a sediment first, carbon block second and carbon media third, look like standard 10” to me but check.

Amazon has a ton of these filters, many very similar and there is a aqua safe website.

Ensure the order is
Input water
Sediment
Carbon Block
Carbon Granular.
RO Membrance
DI
Output RODI
It should measure 0 TDS after running 1 hour when new.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back