R2R FLASH SALE - SUN 1/30/22 - Discounts up to 80% - Freebies - Win Prizes - 3000+ Corals - Happy Chinese New Year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Corgigirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the price on those Acanthophylla after the 20% was hard to pass up. So I didn’t, lol. Here‘s mine :)
E4899F37-2173-4BB8-8FBA-42FAD025A017.png

Corgigirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TeamAquaSD what sizes are these acantho? 6”? I am surprised lots of nice pieces are still available with 20%. make me want to snag another :)
Did you grab one too? I was wondering how big they are. Even on the small side, seems like a pretty good buy. My LFS has two..$1200 and $2000. Out of my budget, lol.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody own one of these? Can't find much info on them.
ElectricmoseleyacoralColony-_250_720x.png
Yes I bought one from AquaSD about 8 months ago, and it has been bullet proof. I feed it once an a while at night, have it in low to medium light and medium flow. It is one of my favorites

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did you grab one too? I was wondering how big they are. Even on the small side, seems like a pretty good buy. My LFS has two..$1200 and $2000. Out of my budget,
The skeleton on this one is 4”. It would safe to say 3-4” skeleton on the others .

ReefMagnet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you grab one too? I was wondering how big they are. Even on the small side, seems like a pretty good buy. My LFS has two..$1200 and $2000. Out of my budget, lol.
Yup I got one yesterday. As soon as I saw it I got have it. The one you got is super nice as well. For acantho IMO color and pattern come first, size is secondary as they grow overtime (very slowly though)

Corgigirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I got one yesterday. As soon as I saw it I got have it. The one you got is super nice as well. For acantho IMO color and pattern come first, size is secondary as they grow overtime (very slowly though)
Hoping the colors are as pretty in person…AquaSD is usually pretty good about that. I needed more blue and purple in my tank, I have orange mushrooms and anemone taking over. Have to balance it out, lol.

Seamore2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, was this sale typical for Aqua SD or better or...? I ask because I can wait till next time on an additional piece or two during the aftersale if this will happen again in three or four (or six) months, but if this is a once a year sort of thing....

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, was this sale typical for Aqua SD or better or...? I ask because I can wait till next time on an additional piece or two during the aftersale if this will happen again in three or four (or six) months, but if this is a once a year sort of thing....
Very good question!!!! I’m a first timer and would love to see these deals come back around

Corgigirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have sales like this every couple of months it seems. I will say, AquaSD has some of the nicest corals at the best prices. They are also willing to work with you on price, great customer service, I’ve purchased things from multiple sales and never been disappointed! Generally, their photos are pretty accurate as well. They don’t have many of the high end SPS, which is fine by me. They have by far the best selection of scolys and acanthophylla that I’ve seen. Always a fun sale!

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sales are always good. Most everything I have in my 3 tanks is from them. Prices are always great but this sale was the best one I've participated in. Considering I live within an hour of WWC,Top Shelf and Living Reef. Great places but I can't bring myself to pay their prices.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do sales fairly regularly the issue is some sales they have certain corals and zero of other kinds its based on the seasons getting corals. If there's something you like you night want to get it now bc you might not see it again. It is something normal you're probably safe.

Seamore2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have sales like this every couple of months it seems. I will say, AquaSD has some of the nicest corals at the best prices. They are also willing to work with you on price, great customer service, I’ve purchased things from multiple sales and never been disappointed! Generally, their photos are pretty accurate as well. They don’t have many of the high end SPS, which is fine by me. They have by far the best selection of scolys and acanthophylla that I’ve seen. Always a fun sale!

Thanks @Corgigirl. I bought for the first time from ASD yesterday. I was looking for some nice BTAs yesterday morning, and when the R2R email about the sale popped into my inbox, I decided to drop by and take a look. Got two BTAs I've been looking for (three more strains to go to complete the collection). I also picked up a few other pieces in the sale.

@CrimsonTide I am looking for a couple more nice lobos - trying to decide whether now or wait and hope similar show up in a couple of months.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't have leathers every sale. The nice acanthos are not every sale. If there's a euphyllia you like I would get it bc those change as well. If its a favia or acan they'll probably have it again. The plate corals are hit or miss as well.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.7%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 97 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back