R2R LIVE SALE 3/5/22 SAT - Aqua SD 15th Year Anniversary LIVE SALE - Discounts, Games, Freebies, Fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have any “depth” to the wound, try and look to make sure you don’t have any dead tissue hanging around. Try and get it off if you do, but be gentle.

Make sure you gently pack with fresh gauze. If you have any iodine laying around, that’s really good to use.

Make sure you change your bandages enough bud.
It’s been cleaned by professionals. But my task the next week is to wash each day and apply ointment. Going for recheck next Friday. It’s definitely deep, I don’t want to get too graphic but last nurse mention seeing muscle

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been cleaned by professionals. But my task the next week is to wash each day and apply ointment. Going for recheck next Friday. It’s definitely deep, I don’t want to get too graphic but last nurse mention messing muscle

Yeah the pic didn’t look like any fun. Have had 2 GSWs in my life, and one of them was a flesh wound almost on that exact spot. Bled like nothing else, missed muscle, some bone fragments. Not a good time.

They always told us, it’s not the bullets that kill ya, it’s the infections. Puncture wounds suck.

Keep it clean, bud! Hope you feel better. And maybe some general spectrum antibiotics would be good too, maybe talk to your doc about it in a few days.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the pic didn’t look like any fun. Have had 2 GSWs in my life, and one of them was a flesh wound almost on that exact spot. Bled like nothing else, missed muscle, some bone fragments. Not a good time.

They always told us, it’s not the bullets that kill ya, it’s the infections. Puncture wounds suck.

Keep it clean, bud! Hope you feel better. And maybe some general spectrum antibiotics would be good too, maybe talk to your doc about it in a few days.
2 GSW's man that sounds like a heck of a story

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man last puncture wound I dealt with we poured vodka on then super glued together.... nice to know what should actually be done haha

I’ve personally assisted in packing a wound with dirt, and “cauterizing” it with honey and a red hot spoon.

Sometimes you gotta work with what you got hahahaha

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the record glue burns like a SOB, of course I am a guy so I would probably say saline burns too.

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9AA84B8F-6843-4E04-BBBF-ED487E367F98.jpeg

A tree got my shin at the bottom of this run

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ohhh!! I Like this game!!! My turn!!!

I could never be a nurse. I can only imagine. Some stuff sticks with you, and some things humans aren’t supposed to see. Combat zones are tough, but thinking of the stress of being a nurse in an ER or hospital all the time makes me feel anxious :(

How long do you have to be a nurse before becoming “numb”?

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could never be a nurse. I can only imagine. Some stuff sticks with you, and some things humans aren’t supposed to see. Combat zones are tough, but thinking of the stress of being a nurse in an ER or hospital all the time makes me feel anxious :(

How long do you have to be a nurse before becoming “numb”?
I tel Everyone of them! Thank you! I couldn’t do what you do…Im queazy right now

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tel Everyone of them! Thank you! I couldn’t do what you do…Im queazy right now

My best friend was a combat medic (my combat medic lol) and now back home he is a fire fighter/emt. Whatever kind of firefighter can give people drugs or whatever.

Ask him all the time how he’s still doing that s**t. It really is a calling for some people

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back