R2R Member R2Reef & Meet! What do you think?

Would a Reef & Meet interest you?

• Yes

Votes: 283 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 39 12.1%

• Total voters
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would be great networking! I like giving frags away for really low prices/ free to new friends and beginners near me.

Yes a good old traditional meet up and frag trade!

Great idea, 20-50 miles?
I'd donate a dendronephthya(if in stock seasonal ) for prize,,and reveal my 21 herbs & spices , Jomama Juice to winner(only winner). Heehee

NICE! Thanks!

Be nice if it was within driving distance of Alabama.

Seems like we get nothing here.

Yes this is the idea!

Why did this immediately resort to m

And you immediately rule out me being able to attend. I have so many medical bills/ongoing costs that I can't afford to travel AND pay to attend events like this. I have to budget very strictly to be able to afford to reef.

There are already paid things I can't attend. Why can't we make the vendors pay for it? That's what this will turn into is just another paid advertising event.

Sorry, but, I am being honest here. And I am sure there is a bunch of people who feel the same and won't speak up.

No these will be 100% free events! Just bring your smile and frags if you want to trade!

i_declare_bankruptcy

out of control
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did this immediately resort to m

And you immediately rule out me being able to attend. I have so many medical bills/ongoing costs that I can't afford to travel AND pay to attend events like this. I have to budget very strictly to be able to afford to reef.

There are already paid things I can't attend. Why can't we make the vendors pay for it? That's what this will turn into is just another paid advertising event.

Sorry, but, I am being honest here. And I am sure there is a bunch of people who feel the same and won't speak up.

Man, it was just an idea. There's nothing stopping people from organizing events that are free. There's no reason why these two ideas can't coexist.

On the flip side, I already know this style of event happening in CO would most likely produce like two people. Just look at the CO sub forum on here -- nobody, no activity. I'd be willing to fly out somewhere else for such an event where I knew people would actually show up. Hence the idea of making it a big deal so people are willing to gather.

Doesn't really matter as the idea of this is to be free and local so it's all good anyways. Just as valid and a great idea nonetheless. I still believe an R2R exclusive expo would be a phenomenal event to experience.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be absolutely interested. It'd love to meet ya'll :) While it is quite a drive, chicago would probably be the furthest I'd like to travel, but if we can get something up in wisconsin like the milwaukee or madison area, that'd be good as well :)

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to also participate in some type of meet-up. I've been to two events since we really started to get into reefing, and both times, while we enjoyed them, I was also a little disappointed at both. But, an organized even where people mingle and share about their tanks, experiences, goods, others, etc.... would be great. I live in the greater Seattle area and I imagine we could find enough folks to have something around here.

miPapareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to attend, but a two to three hour drive is the max distance limit.

Hopefully you already have IP traffic location mapping for R2R, so I think you already know the cities that would be within my 2-3 hour drive window.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is a great idea and why didn't anyone think of this sooner ??
Golden opportunity to talk reefs, meet the many names we see often and have a great group lunch and learn along the day about our tanks and each other.
So many locations possible as we have members all over the U.S. .. .. will be a challenge

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man, it was just an idea. There's nothing stopping people from organizing events that are free. There's no reason why these two ideas can't coexist.

On the flip side, I already know this style of event happening in CO would most likely produce like two people. Just look at the CO sub forum on here -- nobody, no activity. I'd be willing to fly out somewhere else for such an event where I knew people would actually show up. Hence the idea of making it a big deal so people are willing to gather.

Doesn't really matter as the idea of this is to be free and local so it's all good anyways. Just as valid and a great idea nonetheless. I still believe an R2R exclusive expo would be a phenomenal event to experience.

I also agree with you! We’ll make it so awesome that we’ll have a nice crowd for each event!

@revhtree does this mean you're going to come to Wisconsin to visit me? ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Why not?? :p

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back