R2R Members Child Diagnosed with Cancer (Let's HELP!)

gorally

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hear this news and wish Brayden for the rapid recovery. Being a father of a 12 and 8, I definitely feel for Reefkiller. I do believe with the amount of family power and group power here, anything can be conquerd. Hope my little donation be able to help.

coralkiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday we met with the Oncologists to discuss what Brayden's treatment will look like. He will be admitted next Friday to have his port placed and begin his first round of treatment. The treatments will be very aggressive and he will have to be admitted for 5 days at a time. He will have a total of 17 rounds over the next 8 months(minimum). We have a long road ahead of us but I know the Lord will see us through. Brayden is being so brave and has such a great attitude. We are so proud of him! Please continue to pray for him. Thank you!

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the update Carl. Continuing to pray for Brayden, family, and friends.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just donated the sale of one PE pack to Brayden's fund. No child should have to endure cancer.

reefjunky24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey rev,

Granted im not a vendor but if i had some used equipment or frags could i offer it up for sale on this thread and donate the sales or start a seperate thread and just donate after, figure its a win win for everyone?

Thanks

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prayers from here. I will be making a donation.

Cancer has touched many of my loved ones. When my nephew was 4 months old, he was diagnosed with neuroblastoma. It metastized and he had a grapefruit size tumor in his stomach. The original tumor was on his skull applying pressure on his eye nerves. He had surgery to remove the tumor in the stomach and went through chemo for almost a year. Him and my mom both finished their cancer treatments at the same time. We did what any family would do and had a big family vacation in Outer Banks, NC. It is 11 years later and no sign of cancer for either of them.

What helped my mom during her chemo treatment was crackers or toast. Plain foods helped settle the stomach and flat coke. She said it helped having me there for her to encourage her and that I was not focused on the fact that she was sick. I think I drove her crazy since I was a senior in high school and had a million things going on. She had some bad days and when that happened I would just stay home watch a movie or look at photos with her.

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw the update.. I wish Brayden and you family all the best, Carl. My donation its up to $600 now. By next Saturday I hope to be sending you guys closer to $1000. If my auction doesn't go that high I'll make sure my wallet does :)

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw the update.. I wish Brayden and you family all the best, Carl. My donation its up to $600 now. By next Saturday I hope to be sending you guys closer to $1000. If my auction doesn't go that high I'll make sure my wallet does :)

What a wonderful thing to do. Each and every donation and prayer is what makes this community the best!!!

BenjaminS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have much right now. I'll send what I can. Wish you the best. BUMP
Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

BenjaminS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carl Byrd: I know you're going through alot right now but I want you to know you have the reefer community here to help what we can. My heart goes out to you. sent you something small. Wish I had more to give.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Carl sent me a message and there has been close to $1200 donated so far not including auctions! YEA!

Keep it up you awesome souls!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back