R420R clouding optics

  • Thread starter Thread starter AdamNC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
4,118
Reaction score
3,191
Location
Winston Salem NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So whats going on with the optics on my R420R 160w 16k optics. They are on the factory legs, well out of the splash zone and a few of the optics are clouding over. I've cleaned both sides of each lens that is cloudy with 5% vinegar. 90% of them look good still but that 10% look like cloudy. The unit was purchased July of last year.
 
Sure. Here's one of the full unit and then the 3 individual pucks

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
 
I recently changed out my lens with the 120 Optics Chris and I also notice cloudiness and it seems like the look is more teal now at 100% blues. I purchased mine back in 2013.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new