Rabbitfish and Clams

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2017
Messages
1,587
Reaction score
818
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added an Orangespot yesterday and it picked at my maxima clam at least 5 times. It wasn't constant just a drive by graze if you know what I mean. I moved the clam all the way up in the tank out of the fish's grazing path surrounded by a lot of acros. Anyone have any other tips. I already had to get rid of my kole who was a non stop clam and coral picker.
 
Nothing you can really do but wait it out. Some will nip the clam mantle while some are just grazing around it. We even had a blue hippo tang relocate clams that were in her swim pattern, lol.

Hopefully moving clam is all that was needed. So much for getting the hippo clam, lol.
 
So I moved the clam up directly under the light. The rabbit hasn't gone near it. This is the best it has ever looked!

15589943028768602238472160075218.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new