Raccioppi83's IM Nuvo 30 Long Build

raccioppi83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I recently moved out of my house and into an apartment. After conducting my move, I was waiting until all of my furniture was in place before I was able to find a tank that would end up fitting my apartment. My previous tanks at my house were too big to move here, so I decided to go with an IM Nuvo 30L. My tank is said to arrive on Thursday, but with the snow that we just got hit with in NJ, I'm double they will be able to make the delivery... BUT *fingers crossed*!

I don't have any pictures to show as of yet, but I have been collecting supplies to get this tank up and running ASAP. I am "on the clock" because my dad wants the tanks out of the house ASAP (He was never big on the tanks to begin with). SO I have to take the risky decision to move my 2 clown fish and some hardy coral (GSP AND Gorgonian) directly into my new aquarium when it arrives. I have rock that is usable as well, but I also ordered new rock. I keep telling myself that it is going to be like doing a 100% water change and everything will be fine.

Some of the items I have collected so far for the new tank:

- 20lb bag of special grade substrate (I may dabble with SPS, so I wanted the slightly larger substrate)
- 1 Bottle of TurboStart 900 to help kick start the tank (especially with the situation I'm in)
- 1 IM custom caddy (I plan on using a custom caddy on each side until I can upgrade them to the inTANK caddies)
- 1 large bag of poly floss
- 2 Spin stream nozzles.

I have a new Jebao PP-4 at my house, but I really wanted to try a cross flow unit on this tank. Does anyone have any suggestions that wouldn't be overkill? I'm thinking of using a Jebao SCP-70

I will be running 1 Hydra 52 over the tank for the time being to see how it works. My fiancée just bought me the mount for Valentine's Day and it should be arriving at some point this week.

Other than the 2 clownfish that I have to move to the tank faster than I would like to, I'm unsure of what else to stock this tank with! I've done some research and many people say do a small wrasse, cardinals, firefish, or things like that.. But I am still in the process of looking (suggestions are welcome!)

Once I get my tank I will of course update with pictures and I'll organize all the hardware I will be using on a post. Until then, it looks like I have to stare at a blank wall for another few days.

OP
OP
R

raccioppi83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is in! I got the stand built and the tank set up. Need to wait to get some fresh saltwater my way. I'll attach some pictures of the scape.

Feel free to add suggestions or comments on the scape!

Attachments

• PXL_20210209_032740905.jpg
    PXL_20210209_032740905.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20210209_033031269.jpg
    PXL_20210209_033031269.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20210209_033059658.jpg
    PXL_20210209_033059658.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 52

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished cycling my im30, it’s pretty long for a small tank so a gyre might be good. Right now I have a Nero 5 but hits killed two of my fish....

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is in! I got the stand built and the tank set up. Need to wait to get some fresh saltwater my way. I'll attach some pictures of the scape.

Feel free to add suggestions or comments on the scape!
How the scape work out for you? Looks good from what I can tell.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back