radion and vortech control without reeflink?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SeeCrabRun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still a little confused on this. I'm researching, haven't purchased yet.

Do the radion and vortech connect via the radio signal and work together in modes like night and storm? Or do you have to have the reeflink for the wireless setup and running of the programs?

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run them independently without the Reef Link. The Vortechs can operate solely by the driver and the Radions can operate solely on EcoSmartLive, (although you will need to use a USB connection when programming the Radions). All of this without a ReefLink.

In order to control both of them together through the mobile/tablet app and without a hard wired connection (Radions) on the computer, you would need a ReefLink.

Hopefully that helps. Ask away, if not. [emoji106][emoji4]

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

OP
OP
SeeCrabRun

SeeCrabRun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I'm specifically asking is, if I connect into the radion to tell it to do storm mode, do I then have to connect to the vortech to also tell it storm mode, or will the radion signal to the vortech that they are doing storm mode?

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, there isn't a VorTech profile mode for "Storm". Maybe the closest would be a "Pulse" or 100% "ReefCrest" mode, to create the a more turbulent flow pattern. Regardless, without the ReefLink the Radions will not talk to the VorTechs.

BUT, that is not saying what you are trying to do isn't possible. With Neptune Apex and the WXM module, you can write programming to tell your Radions AND Vortechs to go into "Storm" mode at the same time. This is done by virtual outlets and profile modes (not as daunting as it may seem). I've done this before and would be glad to help if needed.

manueldm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how does my MP10 know to go into night mode? I watch it happen every night when my lights go down. You say a reeflink is needed to communicate with a vortech but somehow my Radion or Ecosmart Live is communicating wirelessly with it. The ability to communicate wirelessly is obviously there but it seems to be crippled.

Sorry about resurrecting a year old thread but this question has always bugged me.

gcosgreave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this ever get resolved? I am having the same issue. According to my LFS you can link the two wirelessly without the need for the reef link? Is this correct?

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to set the night mode during the day, or at least I had to with mine. When you set it, it starts in ten hours. You can look it up on ecotechmarine.com if you don't have the programming guide. Hope this helps a bit.
As mentioned though, without the reeflink, your ecotech devices won't talk to each other.

JordanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I have not been able to find the answer to this yet. Are you able to control a MP40WQD through Ecosmart Live without the reeflink, either through the app or through the computer?

I know when i made my account on the computer it wants me to install some connection manager which i am guessing has something to do with reeflink.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe this haven't been answered yet, I'm also wondering if Vectra / Vortech can communicate with a Radion, let's asume we have all the time the USB of the Radion plugged to a computer with internet?

JordanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@enb141 i ended up just calling vortech and they told me that you can not use ecotech live or the app to program this without the reeflink regardless of it being wireless or not. You may have to call them about your other question.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the Advice JordanM, I've read over other places that those Vectra Pumps die soon if you turn on/off as you would with a normal AC pump, so that means probably I'll wait for another pump that doesn't needs a third device to be controlled.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
so i just programmed my radions. i dont have reef link.

if i want to adjust the schedule in the future, i need to take them off the mounts and plug them in the computer? or otherwise get reeflink ?

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i just programmed my radions. i dont have reef link.

if i want to adjust the schedule in the future, i need to take them off the mounts and plug them in the computer? or otherwise get reeflink ?
Correct

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 160 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.5%
Back