Radion Diffuser

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radion xr30w gen3 pro with diffusers before and after par, only correction is 172 not 127.

IMG_20180120_130946_kindlephoto-15731871.jpg

IMG_20180120_130946_kindlephoto-16538520.jpg

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your initial impressions? Mine are on their way.

Rek84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing this. I've ordered one for my Radion as well. Very curious to see how it works, I hope I like it.

Rek84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lee! It is supposed to arrive on Wednesday. I hope the installation process goes smoothly, I don't like the idea of messing with my expensive lights at all...but, the process looks fairly easy. Keeping my fingers crossed!

*I just noticed you were from Mississippi! So am I....howdy neighbor! :)

OP
OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lee! It is supposed to arrive on Wednesday. I hope the installation process goes smoothly, I don't like the idea of messing with my expensive lights at all...but, the process looks fairly easy. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Yeap I am born and raised in Mississippi. Installation was easy but there is a certain way the reflectors install, someone has a thread on here about it

North Borders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I installed mine in about 5 minutes for 2 units. I took the lights off the tank to do it as it's kind of awkward otherwise and was afraid of dropping a screw in the tank. It's literally just 4 screws. New piece only goes on one way and it would be pretty difficult to do it incorrectly.

Rek84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine came in today and I got it installed on my Gen 4 XR30 Pro and only had a few mins to check it out before going to work. Overall impressions of how it disperses the light are positive, but I'll need to check it out more thoroughly. One thing I noticed is that the diffuser doesn't fit as tight/perfectly as I would have thought (especially coming from EcoTech and at this price point). I can see a couple of small light leaks around where the actual diffuser attaches to the baseplate with the magnets. I did make sure the white faceplate was turned the right way so the cutouts matched where the chipboards are on the light. Does anyone else see small light leaks? I am wondering if I should take it off and retry the installation again when I get home, but I only see that it is possible to do it one way...

OP
OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine came in today and I got it installed on my Gen 4 XR30 Pro and only had a few mins to check it out before going to work. Overall impressions of how it disperses the light are positive, but I'll need to check it out more thoroughly. One thing I noticed is that the diffuser doesn't fit as tight/perfectly as I would have thought (especially coming from EcoTech and at this price point). I can see a couple of small light leaks around where the actual diffuser attaches to the baseplate with the magnets. I did make sure the white faceplate was turned the right way so the cutouts matched where the chipboards are on the light. Does anyone else see small light leaks? I am wondering if I should take it off and retry the installation again when I get home, but I only see that it is possible to do it one way...
It’s definitely not as flush as expected, I will look tonight to see if I have small light leaks

Rek84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After spending a little time with the new diffuser, I really like how it disperses the light more evenly. I'm curious to see if it affects coral colors. I was concerned about losing too much shimmer, but the shimmer is now spread out more evenly over the tank, which I really like! It looks to me like the light leaks I mentioned previously are supposed to be there, they are in identical places on the end of each side of the light. It seems to be by design, maybe to help with heat dispersion? Regardless, it isn't too noticeable. Overall I'm happy with the diffuser and glad I got it! :)

OP
OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After spending a little time with the new diffuser, I really like how it disperses the light more evenly. I'm curious to see if it affects coral colors. I was concerned about losing too much shimmer, but the shimmer is now spread out more evenly over the tank, which I really like! It looks to me like the light leaks I mentioned previously are supposed to be there, they are in identical places on the end of each side of the light. It seems to be by design, maybe to help with heat dispersion? Regardless, it isn't too noticeable. Overall I'm happy with the diffuser and glad I got it! :)
I also have the corner light leaks, no big deal though. My sps are looking better with the areas that were losing color from shading are much better

Rek84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lee, thanks for sharing that you also have the corner light leaks. Sounds like the diffuser is designed that way. It's great to hear that your sps that were losing color are looking better! Hopefully I will have the same experience. I like my diffuser more with each day that passes :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back