Radion Diffuser

Reef Jedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep are your tanks? I have a 30 deep and am considering 3x xr30 g4 to replace 2 reefbreeder 30” modules. I like the light spread from them, but not the coral growth or color. I’m using Radiums in my other 36” deep reef and THAT color I love. Just can’t get there with the same intensity with the RB modules.

My tank is "shallow" compared to some, but it's 16" deep, with the radio about 9" above the water. I would like to raise it just a little to about 12" for a better spread. Radion's are un matched when it comes to light spectrum and par. I can't even begin to tell you the amazing growth I've seen under these lights. I personally use the Natural Deep Sea setting and have had better results with that V.S. the Coral Lab AB setting. You can't go wrong with Radions period.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PAR killer IMO but I still use them in my open top tank for the glare. I do not use them in my canopy tank.

OP
OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to metal Halide, but as far as the diffuser I still liked them, if you are close to maxed out on intensity I wouldn’t add them but if you aren’t they are worth it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back