Radion diffuser

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the more radions with diffuser the worse the light (the par) my experience
and I stay with it. the diffusers are unnecessary for the g4.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diffusers are a good thing for LED lamps. only ecotech has done something wrong.

Last edited:

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First sorry not trying to dethread this but since @Dana Riddle is tagging along, have you ever experimented with the current Marine pro orbit 4117 model? If so would it interest you (just curious).

In terms of what’s being said @saltyfilmfolks I totally agree with him on this based on the experiments I have done. Using the diffuser isn’t bad, but gives you a more equal blanket spread. If you have access to a par meter I would measure what your lights are now and record them.

Then add the diffuser on, and see where the par changes. While still in the tank increase the light to match that of what the light did before the diffuser. Simply turn it up, and you will have the better blanket cover aka less shadow effect but same par Levels. This is because you have numbers to compare prior and after the change.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my case .. without diffuser AB + prog. 85% total output. with diffuse 100% and reving fans of radions. I have an apogee MQ-200 and without diffuser at 19 inch where my sps are it is 480-500 par. with diffuser straight 310 par. The MQ-200 is not so accurate, but even with the correction factor still good enough.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back