OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'm adjusting down my photoperiod, then I'll implement the coral radiance and the like.

snafte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have spent quite a bit of time reading through this thread, and would like to see if anyone could give me some input into my new G3 Pros.
I only recently made the switch to the G3's from T5's. The tank is a Red Sea Max 500 which ran 10 54w T5's. I took the advice to acclimate the corals to the new lights, and have chosen the following schedule for the moment: (50% atm)
Screen%20Shot%202015-04-05%20at%203.16.07%20pm_zpszan0fgqe.png
[/URL][/IMG]

The tank at the present looks very different to when it had the T5's (in terms of brightness and colour mainly) Im note sure how one goes about comparing T5's with LED. I used to run the following schedule with T5's:
12pm-3pm
1x Actinic
1x 10,000K
3pm-8:30pm
5x Actinic
5x 10,000K
8:30-9:30pm
1x Actinic
1x 10,000K

With that set up I had excellent illumination, growth and colour. Im trying to work out what would be the best schedule for the G3's, and see what % i can eventually take the lights up to.

Here is a FTS with T5's from 3 days ago

I would appreciate advice or thoughts.

Thanks

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech have recently released a new study called Ecotech Coral Lab.... It contains three New schedules with proven growth rates... A dedicated SPS schedule, a Mixed Reef schedule and a LPS schedule. Worth checking it out. The Original default schedules have been about for a while now and research has moved on...

Don't forget the Facebook group I run... We have nearly 2000 members now... We are not sponsored by Ecotech so no pushy answers just members helping each other out..

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been here for a while but very busy... Get pulled in a few directions and try to check in here as often as I can... It's a slow night at home the boss has gone to bed... Hahaha.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 84.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back