Radion G4 Decision Time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

What option should I go with .

• Choice 1

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Choice 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Choice 3

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

josh.j.avila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 2 Radion XR30 Pros over my 90 gallon tank with two rock islands. Each radion is over each island to give you an idea about placement. I also have an XR15 gen 3 in the sump. I'm going to be coverting to Zeovit so I won't be needed that sump light.

I have a couple options I'm debating right now.

1. Purchase 2 XR15 Gen 4 and place them over each island with the idea that in another month I'll get a third for the midddle of the tank over no island.

2. Purcahse one Xr30 Pro Gen 4 and place it over one island, move the XR15 Gen 3 out of the sump and put it over one of the islands until I have enough to purchase another XR30 Pro Gen 4.

3. Get 2 XR15 Gen 4 put them over each island and just move my XR15 Gen 3 in the middle.

Griff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get sucked into tech as well but @sn2per is right. If money is so tight that you can't afford them all at once then it's tight enough that you should save all your money. I say option 4.

If you were using off brand lights and weren't having success I might see upgrading then.

OP
OP
josh.j.avila

josh.j.avila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a matter of being tight on money. It's a matter of only wanting to spend a certain amount each month and I just bought everything to convert my tank to a ZeoVit system yesterday.

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same here ...;) I have 3 G3 Pro over my tank and they are doing a great job.
No reason to change.

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a matter of being tight on money. It's a matter of only wanting to spend a certain amount each month and I just bought everything to convert my tank to a ZeoVit system yesterday.

Spend your money elsewhere for now... Let others buy and review and give them a chance to settle into the hobbyist way of life and then have another look... I know that sounds strange coming from the guy that runs the Ecotech forum but right now the Gen3 and for me anyway the Gen2pro are proven and still worth buying..

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spend your money elsewhere for now... Let others buy and review and give them a chance to settle into the hobbyist way of life and then have another look... I know that sounds strange coming from the guy that runs the Ecotech forum but right now the Gen3 and for me anyway the Gen2pro are proven and still worth buying..

you kinda hit spot on what i wanted to ask i got a gen2 pro should i upgrade it to the g4??

Last edited:

Nick Kohrn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the previous posts. Also, I prefer my G3 because the "hot spots" give me a wider variance of PAR, which is nice for producing a mixed reef since there are many different PAR levels under the light.

OP
OP
josh.j.avila

josh.j.avila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm having a real beef with ETM right now over a warranty, so I might be ditching ETM completely.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 115 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back