Radion G4 Owners - Need Insight

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Looking for some insight on what everyone is running as a point of intensity. I am running the AB+ schedule but think my par is way to low. I am running a par around 70 near my sps at 30%. I know sps need more but only have seen people run lower intensities with these lights. I have 2 G4 XR30 pro over a 48 x 24 x 16 tank. Getting decent colour but thinking I should up the intensity. Welcome everyone's thoughts.... thanks

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, well I'm about a month into my G4 pros. I have three over a 265 which is 30" tall, but I also run a squadron of Kessils as well. I'm running the AB+ at a 65% intensity max.

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, well I'm about a month into my G4 pros. I have three over a 265 which is 30" tall, but I also run a squadron of Kessils as well. I'm running the AB+ at a 65% intensity max.

Great thank you for your insight. That makes sense. How are you liking them? I have seen instant better colour out of my sps I just think I can give some more intensity.

Danny Venditti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on the AB+ I am at about 65 as well. I did modify the schedule to only run the whites for 4.5 hours and a ramp up and a period of blue with a slow ramp down of about 4 hours in the evening.

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on the AB+ I am at about 65 as well. I did modify the schedule to only run the whites for 4.5 hours and a ramp up and a period of blue with a slow ramp down of about 4 hours in the evening.

Thank you for your reply. How high off the water are yours and distance to your corals?

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the RMS arms at the moment but I am building a box suspend from the ceiling and house both the radions and 4 t5 fixtures.

Thank you for the details. Is there a way you could tell me height of tank and distance of light from corals? As for the T5 I want to do the same thing so I'm asking all these questions. Really appreciate your help.

Danny Venditti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the arms they are 9 inches over water. I am extending to 13 with the box. Coral varies and you may want to see if you can get a par meter to test your ratings at different levels

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back