Radion G4/Reeflink Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

simonhill55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello. I got some radion G4 second hand maybe a year ago. I initially set them up with the connection manager on my Mac. It worked well.

A few weeks back, I wanted to change the timing on them. I opened the app that I had previously used and got a java error. I tried reinstalling, but upon launching the installer, I was granted the same error.

I bought a ReefLink hoping I could connect without the connection manager app. I got the ReefLink today. It connected to my wifi with ease but I cannot get it connected to my Radions. After setting up, I was sent to EcoSmart Live web application, but it seems a bit glitched to me. There are no aquariums setup and when I click the "Aquarium Setup" link literally nothing happens. I clicked to make a new profile but that does nothing. If I click the "Devices" link in the top, I am shown a blank page.

A few things I have tried:
Created a new EcoSmart account. (Same issues with either account)
Used 2 different windows computers in addition to my Mac. (I can install connection manager, but it won't open after install. Same issue with EcoSmart Live)
I used the iPhone app and am prompted to set up an aquarium there, but it will not find my devices.
I factory reset one of the 3 Radions with the buttons, so now there is no schedule at all and a third of my tank is dark.
I have tried plugging the Radion into the Reef Link via usb.

Someone please help! Why is the most expensive light the hardest to setup?!

Connection Manager Error.png EcoSmart Live Devices.png

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.4%
Back