radion G4 spectrum question

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably going to be a silly question. I was looking at radion G4 pros. I see they have their spectrum on the website. Aren't all of their color channels controllable independently? If you change the intensity of the channels wouldn't that change the spectrum coming from the light? Is their spectrum profile with all the channels at 100%?
G4 pro.jpg

Danny Venditti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the regular G4 not the pro version but I use the coral lab sps AB+ setting that comes canned in the settings. I slightly modified it to shorten the white light time to 4 hours and extend the blues out a bit. Depending on your tank and also depending on how you plan to mount them above (arm or hang) you may have to make a few adjustments. I would also recommend you get the TIR lenses if you go with the pro version but unless you have a huge tank I don't think there is that much difference between the G4 and the G4 pro.

Danny Venditti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the regular G4 not the pro version but I use the coral lab sps AB+ setting that comes canned in the settings. I slightly modified it to shorten the white light time to 4 hours and extend the blues out a bit. Depending on your tank and also depending on how you plan to mount them above (arm or hang) you may have to make a few adjustments. I would also recommend you get the TIR lenses if you go with the pro version but unless you have a huge tank I don't think there is that much difference between the G4 and the G4 pro.
Also I would recommend that you
TIR lense? Ive got a 210 gal
yes look on the ecotech website. They spread the light out. With a 210 you may still want to consider it. I have a Reefer 350 so I just toned down the intensity a bit. With how flexible the lights are its just comes down to playing with them a bit to find a sweet spot. The Coral Lab canned setting was a good start though.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably going to be a silly question. I was looking at radion G4 pros. I see they have their spectrum on the website. Aren't all of their color channels controllable independently? If you change the intensity of the channels wouldn't that change the spectrum coming from the light? Is their spectrum profile with all the channels at 100%?
G4 pro.jpg
Yea your right it is the full native color of the light.
Why do folks mess with it?
Good question.
I think Mr Sanjay runs it full up native.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back