Radion g4

Dongta408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys. I try to update my radion light g4 to mobius, first one went through, second one after update light didn't turn on.. at button keep flashing blue and yellow colors. I try power off but nothing happen, button keep flashing, try press and hold the button to reset but didn't do anything...light still off. At mobius couldn't find that light anymore... what should I do? Help

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried plugging the light in via USB and doing a factor reset?

OP
OP
D

Dongta408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can do that now, after my MacBook upgrade and no longer compatible with ecosmart live, that's why i tried to connect though mobius..

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sigh, Ecotech never making it easy... I haven't done the upgrade yet, I'm still vested in the Neptune.

Have you done the following:
Unplug from power supply for 30 secs
Reconnect power
Perform manual factory reset

Steps:
  1. Press and hold the center button until all buttons flash red, white and blue then release
  2. Press and hold all 3 buttons until the buttons flash red and purple then release
  3. Press and hold the outer 2 buttons until the Radion resets then release
Is this not working?

OP
OP
D

Dongta408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did all that... won't work.. i think some files are broken doing updates to mobius...

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did all that... won't work.. i think some files are broken doing updates to mobius...
If that is the case you're going to need to contact Ecotech directly. Did you verify that the G4 that you have has the new RF module that is mobius compatible?

Software updates done half way = broken product. I did do a quick search of the ecotech knowledge base but the guidance is not very good beyond doing the general setup and factory reset. Sorry man I wish I could be more help... sadly there isn't much out there that I could find in the way of troubleshooting. FRUSTRATING!! Hopefully this will bump our convo up to get it some visibility

OP
OP
D

Dongta408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankz my friend. I did send them an email hopefully have answers tomorrow.. now my tank only one light working. Now just found out my 2018 Vortech mp40 have this, pics below. Should i still using it until get new one, just worried the rustic part

20200728_231722.jpg 20200728_231707.jpg

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least you caught it. Do you clean them with vinegar and water? I've switched to cleaning all my MP10s with citric acid as I've read vinegar can cause the issue you're currently having. I'm sorry to see that :(

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back