Radion g5 blue changing colour

Ollie05H

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently got 2 radion g5 blues and have noticed something a bit weird. The main portion of my schedule is running ab+ where all channels are set to 100%. During this phase it sometimes seems to change colour and look more blue or on different occasions one looks slightly different colour until I choose a scene and then resume the schedule. Im not sure if it’s just my eye making it look different after I look at my other tank. Has anyone else experienced this?

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you gone threw your schedule and data points to make sure you havent got a time point that is changing the colour without knowing. Its easy to accidentally add a point to be fair.

Otherwise, if its a colour difference between two units on teh same tank then id give "calibration" a try - Can be found in the settings menu and clicking each device, then towards the bottom.

OP
OP
Ollie05H

Ollie05H

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you gone threw your schedule and data points to make sure you havent got a time point that is changing the colour without knowing. Its easy to accidentally add a point to be fair.

Otherwise, if its a colour difference between two units on teh same tank then id give "calibration" a try - Can be found in the settings menu and clicking each device, then towards the bottom.
Thanks for the reply, no there are no points between it changing the colour. If I keep noticing it, I think I will try the calibration

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically, you should first calibrate several lamps when commissioning them.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've felt this way too. I had a slight oversight originally but still walk by sometimes wondering why it looks so blue mid day. It's subtle to the point where I wonder if it has to do with ambient light, or if maybe my eyes are adjusting from normal house lighting sometimes?

My oversight*
I originally set my time on all blue. Then I went ahead and set my peak photo period of AB+ (all channels up) at 55% intensity. Then my time off all blue again. What I didn't account for was from my time on all the way until my peak photoperiod, my lights were slowly blending from all blue to AB+ over 2 hours.
Now I have my on time all blue and another set point 30 minutes later @ AB+ 30% overall intensity. So over those 30 minutes I get a blend from B/RB/UV to full AB+ at a lower intensity.

I do still feel I walk by my tank and it appears much more blue than standard AB+. I haven't sat down to do it but I plan to enter mobius once I feel its heavy on blue, enter my schedule and click on the AB+ set point and watch the tank for a change in color.

spicymikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having similar problem. I just started a thread like this myself. In my case it is not a calibration issue. I have already calibrated twice and the lights look fine when start or resume a schedule. But over time, sometimes within an hour, they drift off the schedule and are doing things that I don't have programmed. To make it worse they don't all do the same thing at the same time So I have a big hot mess. I've contacted Ecotech and they are basically telling me I'm doing something wrong. I have been testing this for 5 days and tried everything I can think of. It is not me. They have a serious issue with their G5s and they know it.

spicymikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having similar problem. I just started a thread like this myself. In my case it is not a calibration issue. I have already calibrated twice and the lights look fine when start or resume a schedule. But over time, sometimes within an hour, they drift off the schedule and are doing things that I don't have programmed. To make it worse they don't all do the same thing at the same time So I have a big hot mess. I've contacted Ecotech and they are basically telling me I'm doing something wrong. I have been testing this for 5 days and tried everything I can think of. It is not me. They have a serious issue with their G5s and they know it.
I think I found the problem of the drifting light schedule overnight. At least it is a bug in the Radio firmware related to the first "SUN" data point in your schedule. I won't repeat myself, just check out this post. Hope it resolves this frustrating issue for others

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I found the problem of the drifting light schedule overnight. At least it is a bug in the Radio firmware related to the first "SUN" data point in your schedule. I won't repeat myself, just check out this post. Hope it resolves this frustrating issue for others

were you experiencing spectral changes throughout the day or your schedule starting at different times?

spicymikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
were you experiencing spectral changes throughout the day or your schedule starting at different times?
Not that I noticed. But its harder to tell subtle differences when the intensity is high. Its been a second night now and they worked perfectly again. So I am as certain as I can be that this was the issue.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back