Radion G5 Firmware Update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rmcrom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed a firmware update to my G5 Pros after Mobius app notified me it was available. After installing the new firmware, Mobius deleted the tank my lights were paired to and dumped my lighting schedule. I didn't have a backup of the schedule. Thanks a lot for the warning. PSA to anyone who didn't install it yet.

nly04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was unlucky that Mobius now telling me my xr15 g5 is serial mismatched and does not allow to add light back to my tank. bummer.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a firmware update option in 2023 looks so easy.

Attachments

• IMG_3157.png
    IMG_3157.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 96

bee144

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a firmware update option in 2023 looks so easy.
Ha! Same here! I have 6 devices in Mobius and 4 of them were “disconnected” when I went to update the firmware on my two XR15 G6 lights. Ridiculous! Mobius is the biggest piece of junk out there. Why they moved away from the internet connected Reef Link blows my mind.

Devildawgusmc_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was unlucky that Mobius now telling me my xr15 g5 is serial mismatched and does not allow to add light back to my tank. bummer.
I’m getting this serial mismatch error on both my lights. Ecotech/BRS have not been helpful. Any chance you know the fix for this yet?

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same boat here, mobius app is a huge pain in the .,:;$#@
im tired of apps and Wi-Fi related devices. I just want to plug something in and it works. Technology is great when it works but when it doesn’t!

Dine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I was lucky. Updated fine. No issues on my end. Sorry you guys are dealing with that. What a pain.

Lunardogz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The latest app updates for Mobius caused my lights to have miss match serial #s. I just re-entered it manually. Ecotech finally released the latest firmware for the Radion and I updated it. One of my light didn’t successfully updated, so I removed from Mobius and added back with the latest firmware. All of my lights are working fine so far without a hitch beside the occasionally connectivity with Mobius.

Devildawgusmc_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. I had to enter the serial numbers manually.
I tried entering manually and keeps coming back with mismatch. One light worked, one didn’t. I ran the update on it and installed successfully but can’t get past the serial mismatch screen…

Ecotech finally emailed me back saying that I should take the QCA module out of the good light and put it in the bad one and try again…. So they pushed an update that took my system down, and now want me to “rig it” and risk breaking my only working light. Paid way to much for these lights for it to be a brick.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It does seem strange that they are trying to verify serial numbers. Maybe they had a truck hijacked and are trying to recover the items.

geeked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the last update my lights wouldn't sync to the correct time. The light was at peak for 12 hours. I had to reset both.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%

Back