Radion g5 prp vs blue?

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize if this question has been asked a lot on this forum I'm just new to the hobby. Completely new. I cant undersrand the difference. This light gonna be for waterbox marine x60.2. I wanna grow lps and sps.
 
Both will grow LPS and SPS but the pro has a few diodes that the blue does not so it gives you a bigger range of color. Since most reefers program their lights to go heavy with the blue anyway and since blue is the light coral need to grow, eco tech replaced a few of the less used diodes with blue. I think they replace warm white with cyan and green with a lime colored diode. So if you run a mostly blue spectrum, then you have more diodes working for you. I guess you could probably get more par with the blue if you’re running a heavy blue spectrum. It really doesn’t make a difference either way and most people are just going to use one of the pre made templates for their spectrum anyway.
 
As said above. Different diodes.

If you like a bluer tank, get the blue

If you like a more natural bright white tank, get the pro.

The pro has more non-blue colored diodes. Either will work about the same for coral growth though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new