Radion G5 shipping/boxing issues

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to hear so many shipping issues, I can’t believe they made such a nice light and sent it out in such a thin tightly packed box. With the way my packages have been handled recently I defiantly won’t be ordering one. Every box looks like it’s been in a demolition durby car for a full round.

Beck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 2 xr15's and both have at least 4 or more cracks. Yes, these are all different cracks on only 2 lights!

20200402_181726.jpg
20200402_181338.jpg
20200402_181151.jpg
20200402_181117.jpg
20200402_181043.jpg
20200402_181008.jpg

20200402_181743.jpg

Hypan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work in manufacturing and this kind of stuff always amazes me. It appears these cracks are from over tightening the screws. I would hope they use a torque limiting driver and they can get the settings right to prevent this. Sad to see such a “high end” product overlook the details. The packaging definitely leaves a lot to be desired. When buying high end products the unboxing is definitely part of the customer experience not to be overlooked.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work in manufacturing and this kind of stuff always amazes me. It appears these cracks are from over tightening the screws. I would hope they use a torque limiting driver and they can get the settings right to prevent this. Sad to see such a “high end” product overlook the details. The packaging definitely leaves a lot to be desired. When buying high end products the unboxing is definitely part of the customer experience not to be overlooked.
I was thinking the same thing. This may be an overall design flaw. Could be hard for someone doing maintenance on their own light not to crack it themselves in the future...

Lunardogz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same thing. This may be an overall design flaw. Could be hard for someone doing maintenance on their own light not to crack it themselves in the future...

Ecotech could have put a rubber washers along with the screws to prevent the cracking from over tightening of the screws.

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard part is there answer is we have great customer service just let us know. That still doesn't fix the issues and with everything going on you can't necessarily hope for a quick replacement. Also doesn't help if your replacement is cracked.

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else with issues mounting the 15s to the slider bracket for rms rail? Screws it comes with are too short, cannot tighten. Unique to the 15 brackets, the 30 brackets have less material at screw hole so those worked fine

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just received my 3 XR30 gen 5 blues and on every bolt on the bottom of the light I found these.
This isn't shipping damage or poor box design.
I contacted ETM and sent in pictures of everything.
I'll see how they respond.
Not what I would expect for $2500+

OP
OP
jwilliams860

jwilliams860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just received my 3 XR30 gen 5 blues and on every bolt on the bottom of the light I found these.
This isn't shipping damage or poor box design.
I contacted ETM and sent in pictures of everything.
I'll see how they respond.
Not what I would expect for $2500+

Correct, I believe the fractures at the screws are related to over tightening and the cheaper plastic housing.

For me the shipping, boxing flaw is what resulted in the fractured lense on my xr30

I submitted photos to ETM over a month ago, and replacement parts were going to be sent out but Covid-19 put a hold on a that.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got 3 xr15 G5 pros and 2 xr30 G5 pros and so far all mine are okay but I only have one xr15 up and running, others look okay in the box. I can say lots of issues with the G5 and not as great as I expected other than the spread is better. I hate the mobius and moonlights, Ecosmart live was great imo.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screw and counter sink don't really match.
Poor design.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Correct, I believe the fractures at the screws are related to over tightening and the cheaper plastic housing.

For me the shipping, boxing flaw is what resulted in the fractured lense on my xr30

I submitted photos to ETM over a month ago, and replacement parts were going to be sent out but Covid-19 put a hold on a that.
I submitted a claim today and received a email saying new frames were going to be sent.
Hope my wait doesn't end up as long as yours is.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOOOLS are these lights make in CHINA QUALITY ? highend light shouldn't have these issue unless MADE IN CHINA then no questions.
Keep in mind China only makes the quality that the manufactures tell/pay them too. Even if they where assembled here all the cheep plastic was ordered that way. Its even worse if they are cracking the plastic here when they assembling them. Should of had it all done over there and spend the extra money on better material. Weird because my AI (same company) Prime 16s are built like a tank and a fraction of the price. I would love some G5 radions but this is kinda embarrassing For Eco. I hope y'all get em fixed and replaced quickly

Reef-Tank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Keep in mind China only makes the quality that the manufactures tell/pay them too. Even if they where assembled here all the cheep plastic was ordered that way. Its even worse if they are cracking the plastic here when they assembling them. Should of had it all done over there and spend the extra money on better material. Weird because my AI (same company) Prime 16s are built like a tank and a fraction of the price. I would love some G5 radions but this is kinda embarrassing For Eco. I hope y'all get em fixed and replaced quickly
Actually this is not 100% true. I do agree with you on some idea that the manufactures pay them to do but the quality control that they dont have. The products make in CHINA are cheap or poorly made and imported even you spend on good premium material but they just dont have that material to make it. Look in general anythings made in CHINA just dont have life spend on their products.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back