Radion G6 Pro difference between AB+ and LPS templates?

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mixed reef that is predominantly LPS/softies so I am running the LPS template currently. Will be adding more SPS corals shortly. Recommendations are to run AB+ with SPS.

Got a PAR meter and took measurements. The PAR values for the LPS and the AB+ templates are very similar at the same schedule %.

Only difence I can find is the amount of white, green and red spectrum. AB+ runs higher whites and reds than LPS.

My question is how much does this make a difference?

For reference AB+
Screenshot_20231008_111931_Mobius.jpg

LPS
Screenshot_20231008_112047_Mobius.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not think there is any magic in any of these. First it depends on what is in your tank. However - if you're lookout at the profiles - I would choose the one that most closely matches natural light. So - apologize - I didn't answer your direct question - but I did answer with my best answer.

OP
OP
Zero_Cool

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think there is any magic in any of these. First it depends on what is in your tank. However - if you're lookout at the profiles - I would choose the one that most closely matches natural light. So - apologize - I didn't answer your direct question - but I did answer with my best answer.
Thank you. It really doesn't look like a huge difference but if it was going to provide "better" results I am wlling.

Vendor I bought from runs AB+ so I may just match that.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you. It really doesn't look like a huge difference but if it was going to provide "better" results I am wlling.

Vendor I bought from runs AB+ so I may just match that.
Actually - I have given several people this advice - Go from the same vendor - and go with the same lighting they use (especially if you use the same light type - i.e. radion, etc)

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get something that appeals to what you like to see. If your tank is healthy, all will turn to large colonies before you know it. It's best to let them grow slowly. It's healthy for them plus the blues look much cooler.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back