Radion g6 pro vs blue

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone looking at upgrading my lights to the Radion g6 but what is the difference between the pro vs blue what is the benefit of each other

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like running a more blue spectrum, get the blue. Otherwise go with the pro. Par is the same as far as I've herd so it's just if you want a whiter spectrum or more blue one.

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely find out if you’ll run the AB spectrum. If you want more of a halide (white) look get the pro. If you end up getting pro and find yourself running AB spectrum more, you’re losing out on PAR/efficiency.

Try looking at both spectrums in person (go look at a pro and look at it at full spectrum and then AB)

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely find out if you’ll run the AB spectrum. If you want more of a halide (white) look get the pro. If you end up getting pro and find yourself running AB spectrum more, you’re losing out on PAR/efficiency.

Try looking at both spectrums in person (go look at a pro and look at it at full spectrum and then AB)
I think I would be using ab+ looking to achieve better growth and color

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the white spectrum. But to be honest I ain't played about with the lights yet only had them a week or so, so I'm running the A/B+. I must admit my corals love them

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I would be using ab+ looking to achieve better growth and color
Then get the blues for the most efficient use of your watts. You’ll still have the ability to use a white spectrum (10-12k at lower par/higher intensity) for viewing/pics, but you want whatever spectrum you’ll be using the most as your default spectrum.

cubalibre79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello together,

If u have the blues pls can u send me a picture with ab+ on mobius with 100%. I have the pro‘s but I love the blue …

If i use ab+ or wwc i feel it’s maybe not enough power the pro version reach ~ 70% mark @ 100% Intensity.

greetings
Kevin
Then get the blues for the most efficient use of your watts. You’ll still have the ability to use a white spectrum (10-12k at lower par/higher intensity) for viewing/pics, but you want whatever spectrum you’ll be using the most as your default spectrum.

Attachments

• IMG_1256.png
    IMG_1256.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 30

sean151

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB+ on Blues are 100% by default. For the Pros AB+ is a lower percentage of total output on the device because the Pros have less blue coloration available to push. So to hit AB+ spectrum it requires a mix and match of intensities across the individual LED coloring. Like everyone said if you want AB+ then do get the Blues or you will lose PAR running AB+ on Pros. If you prefer a more customized and whiter look, then the Pros are generally the more preferred option. Both will grow corals just fine and if you don't plan to run 100% intensity then maybe you can choose Pros and have options.

Last edited:

djkms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I first started to purchase the Blue's for my 600. Sold them and went with the Pros. I have 8 over my tank. If you want even somewhat of a natural looking spectrum you will want to go with the pros. If you are fine with the windex/blue only look then blues will be somewhat better.

The blues were just way to blue and I was not able to get them white enough for my liking. You can almost get the pro's "blue enough" to mimic the blues. There is no way you can even remotely come close to get the blue's to mimic the pros. The pros will give you more PAR but you are punching the PAR numbers up with white spectrum to achieve this. There is just a ton more flexibility with pros then there are with blues IMO. I run a white schedule half the day and more blue the other half the day.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 132611.jpg

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello together,

If u have the blues pls can u send me a picture with ab+ on mobius with 100%. I have the pro‘s but I love the blue …

If i use ab+ or wwc i feel it’s maybe not enough power the pro version reach ~ 70% mark @ 100% Intensity.

greetings
Kevin

Camera shots with LEDs tend to be bluer and you really have to look at the spectrums in person to figure out what you prefer.

This is not 100%. I have to run 50% because I have 3 fixtures. I’m at 450PAR (mind you higher PAR using a heavy blue is more sensitive to coral than whites) at the top rocks and 250PAR center sand (180PAR in corners). 100% would just be brighter. I also took PAR readings to run 10k spectrum and I needed about 65% overall intensity since there’s less whites.

Figure out what you want to run at your peak schedule and then choose your fixture. Pro and Blue all can run the same spectrums, but at what PAR is the difference. Regardless of blending spectrums in your scheduled, if you know you’re going to run high PAR for your peak schedule in AB+ get the blues. If you’re going to run high PAR in your peak schedule with whiter spectrum, get the Pro. That way you’re being efficient with your fixtures and not over driving one set of LEDs to get your preferred spectrum.

IMG_4486.jpeg

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way you can even remotely come close to get the blue's to mimic the pros.
What are you talking about? I can easily run 10k or even 6500 spectrum if I wanted to with sufficient PAR in the exact same spectrum. Unless you already have to run a single XR30 over 70% to achieve your PAR goals, then why would this be a problem?

I’ve had both pros and blues. Originally was going to run more 10k spectrum but then found out that AB+ wasn’t as blue as I first assumed so I swapped out to all blues to be more efficient. In either case both were able to run any spectrum I chose so long as I had the head room for the PAR I wanted.

djkms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you talking about? I can easily run 10k or even 6500 spectrum if I wanted to with sufficient PAR in the exact same spectrum. Unless you already have to run a single XR30 over 70% to achieve your PAR goals, then why would this be a problem?

I’ve had both pros and blues. Originally was going to run more 10k spectrum but then found out that AB+ wasn’t as blue as I first assumed so I swapped out to all blues to be more efficient. In either case both were able to run any spectrum I chose so long as I had the head room for the PAR I wanted.

Guess I should elaborate - In my experience with both lights - I was not able to get the blues nearly as bright as the pros - visually. I had to crank the blues up a lot higher to appear brighter - again to me. Sure, the can probably give the same spectrum but at what cost? Lower visual brightness and cranking up % higher then what I would do with the pros. But hey, this was just my experience with them. Yes, they can both run the same spectrums but its a give and take of what you prefer your lights to look. I prefer a more natural look and the pros suited me better.

cubalibre79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Camera shots with LEDs tend to be bluer and you really have to look at the spectrums in person to figure out what you prefer.

This is not 100%. I have to run 50% because I have 3 fixtures. I’m at 450PAR (mind you higher PAR using a heavy blue is more sensitive to coral than whites) at the top rocks and 250PAR center sand (180PAR in corners). 100% would just be brighter. I also took PAR readings to run 10k spectrum and I needed about 65% overall intensity since there’s less whites.

Figure out what you want to run at your peak schedule and then choose your fixture. Pro and Blue all can run the same spectrums, but at what PAR is the difference. Regardless of blending spectrums in your scheduled, if you know you’re going to run high PAR for your peak schedule in AB+ get the blues. If you’re going to run high PAR in your peak schedule with whiter spectrum, get the Pro. That way you’re being efficient with your fixtures and not over driving one set of LEDs to get your preferred spectrum.

IMG_4486.jpeg
You‘ve 3 „blues“ ?
Pls load wwc sps 1500g and make a screenshot from your mobius @ 100% ( just for the screenshot ).

I‘m fine with my radions, it’s just a thing that i wanna know for me….
when someone load the same schedule with different xr30 (pro/blue).

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I should elaborate - In my experience with both lights - I was not able to get the blues nearly as bright as the pros - visually. I had to crank the blues up a lot higher to appear brighter - again to me. Sure, the can probably give the same spectrum but at what cost? Lower visual brightness and cranking up % higher then what I would do with the pros. But hey, this was just my experience with them. Yes, they can both run the same spectrums but its a give and take of what you prefer your lights to look. I prefer a more natural look and the pros suited me better.
White light is more visible than blue light. This brings back to the fundamental recommendation - buy the fixture that is capable of putting out the most PAR at the preferred spectrum you want to use as peak. If you prefer white lights more, you’re being inefficient by buying blues. Also vice versa. If you like AB+ look more and run that at peak, the buying pros would be very inefficient.

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You‘ve 3 „blues“ ?
Pls load wwc sps 1500g and make a screenshot from your mobius @ 100% ( just for the screenshot ).

I‘m fine with my radions, it’s just a thing that i wanna know for me….
when someone load the same schedule with different xr30 (pro/blue).
I’m not completely sure what you’re asking here. I understand your directions but I’m not understanding the need for the mobius screenshot.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 78.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.0%
Back