Radion g6 pro vs blue

cubalibre79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not completely sure what you’re asking here. I understand your directions but I’m not understanding the need for the mobius screenshot.
I‘m just asking for this one screenshot so see the graphic (difference) …

I also can adjust my lights by par meter, and i don’t wanna new discussion about pro and blue… it’s just a …. I would like to know whether in the blue version an ab+ or wwc schedule in the left graphic reaches the set intensity of the right slider. that's all.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does ab+ on pros have lower par?

Definitely find out if you’ll run the AB spectrum. If you want more of a halide (white) look get the pro. If you end up getting pro and find yourself running AB spectrum more, you’re losing out on PAR/efficiency.

Try looking at both spectrums in person (go look at a pro and look at it at full spectrum and then AB)

cubalibre79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There must be a difference… so again, here is ab+ @100% on a G6 xr30 pro. I think the overall intensity reached round about ~ 70%.

If someone has the same screen from a „blue“ xr30 pls

Attachments

• IMG_1287.png
    IMG_1287.png
    59 KB · Views: 22

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does ab+ on pros have lower par?
Because there’s more white LEDs than Blues. AB+ is by default what the Blues are tuned to with their LED count (all LEDs on full); with Pros you’re running Blues all the way up with less white and there’s less blue LEDs to begin with.

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I‘m just asking for this one screenshot so see the graphic (difference) …

I also can adjust my lights by par meter, and i don’t wanna new discussion about pro and blue… it’s just a …. I would like to know whether in the blue version an ab+ or wwc schedule in the left graphic reaches the set intensity of the right slider. that's all.
Blues would fair better with 1500g SPS as it’s heavy blue - more blue than AB+. The 1500g SPS schedule has even all my whites turned off.

IMG_4799.png

IMG_4798.png

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There must be a difference… so again, here is ab+ @100% on a G6 xr30 pro. I think the overall intensity reached round about ~ 70%.

If someone has the same screen from a „blue“ xr30 pls
If those are blues and every channel is on 100% (which is what AB+ on blues are) then you just set the point intensity where you want the PAR to be. Schedule intensity just shifts the whole graph down for ease of adjusting, but each individual point in the schedule has an intensity separate for the color chosen.

For example here’s my graph because I run 50% because any higher is too much PAR. But notice all channels are on 100%. I can run overall point intensity at 100% if I choose to, but you need more fixtures if you need to run 100% to achieve your PAR goals.

IMG_4800.png

IMG_4802.png

cubalibre79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If those are blues and every channel is on 100% (which is what AB+ on blues are) then you just set the point intensity where you want the PAR to be. Schedule intensity just shifts the whole graph down for ease of adjusting, but each individual point in the schedule has an intensity separate for the color chosen.

For example here’s my graph because I run 50% because any higher is too much PAR. But notice all channels are on 100%. I can run overall point intensity at 100% if I choose to, but you need more fixtures if you need to run 100% to achieve your PAR goals.

IMG_4800.png

IMG_4802.png

cubalibre79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much, maybe my old school english is too bad, to explain what I’m looking for.

I should buy a blue version, set ab+ and take a look , then send back the lamp. idk ‍

salty greetings

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much, maybe my old school english is too bad, to explain what I’m looking for.

I should buy a blue version, set ab+ and take a look , then send back the lamp. idk ‍

salty greetings
Simplest recommendation - if you’re going to run a more blue heavy schedule get the Blues, and if you’re going to run a more white spectrum get the Pros.

cubalibre79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you like all these blue tanks?

Or do you like a more natural look?
Let me say… i have allready buy 4 pieces of xr30 pro. Since i had them running, it feels like the corals love the blue…

And i won‘t sell them to buy 4 xr30 blues…

All i wanna ask, is a simply screenshot from a Radion xr30 blue with ab+ or wwc is running at.

I think that’s a big difference if a pro lamp running ab+ using 135 watts and the same schedule running on a blue use full power @ 100%

That’s all what i wanna see

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me say… i have allready buy 4 pieces of xr30 pro. Since i had them running, it feels like the corals love the blue…

And i won‘t sell them to buy 4 xr30 blues…

All i wanna ask, is a simply screenshot from a Radion xr30 blue with ab+ or wwc is running at.

I think that’s a big difference if a pro lamp running ab+ using 135 watts and the same schedule running on a blue use full power @ 100%

That’s all what i wanna see
You’re making this way harder than it needs to be. Just load the profile you want to use, and use a PAR meter to adjust point intensity to where you are making the PAR you have as your goals. It’s the only way. Trying to gauge based on other’s setups will not work. You can do it the old school method and keep slowly increasing the intensity over time until corals start bleaching and then reduce them,
Or just get a PAR meter and figure out how much PAR the spectrum you’re running is making.

cubalibre79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re making this way harder than it needs to be. Just load the profile you want to use, and use a PAR meter to adjust point intensity to where you are making the PAR you have as your goals. It’s the only way. Trying to gauge based on other’s setups will not work. You can do it the old school method and keep slowly increasing the intensity over time until corals start bleaching and then reduce them,
Or just get a PAR meter and figure out how much PAR the spectrum you’re running is making.
Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I have an Apogee mq 510. I also have no problem setting par values. I also don't need other people's setups... I wanted to see a screenshot of the blue version and see how much better the lamp performs with the ab+. Compared to the "pro" version. super simple, but is completely misinterpreted here.

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to see a screenshot of the blue version and see how much better the lamp performs with the ab+. Compared to the "pro" version. super simple, but is completely misinterpreted here.
the Blues will have all channels at 100% while the Pros will have all the blues at 100% and the whites and other channels turned down.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back